Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

kush vs. chronic

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Stoner333888, Nov 13, 2008.

1. For sure, Afghan Kush is great.

2. not someone smoking in apprentace tokers...

3. i'm also from socal and at least here this is true

"
    i had to bring this thread back,LA we don't say mids, beasters, but it's mostly slang stress=swag Chronic= any dank above the stress level and finally KUSH the piney powerfull bud we all love to burn, of course kush and chronic are actual strains but many non growers and non medical patients arent't with the strain names and mostly goes by these terms so stress chronic kush

And kush is definitely stronger than bud sold as chronic (in LA) \t\t
    \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\tLast edited by freddielokster; 02-25-2009 at 11:59 AM."

4. Kush is a strain of Indica, which is the type of weed that gives you the "energetic" high versus the "couch-locking" sativa high. In general, people use chronic as an umbrella term for all types of green, whether they are correct or not, Idk.

5. You have those backwards...

6. No, Im pretty sure I got it right. Ive never gotten the couchlocking high from Kush or any other strain of Indica. I think you got it backwards.

7. lol, no!

Thats east coast.

8. #48 Mr.Fox, Jul 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2009

Well generally people use Sativa for energetic and Indica for couch-lock but i suppose it could be considered subjective..

9. #49 abnormldood, Jul 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2009
    No, my good sir, you have it backwards.. Kush is of course of the Indica variety, usually pure Indica and creates the "Couchlock" body stone, whereas, Haze is usually a pure Sativa and causes a more energetic "Up high".

Indica varieties are reknowned for having a high CBD content that gives it the medicinal properties of relieving anxiety, triggering hunger and mellowing you out. Sativa varieties usually have a lower CBD content and a higher THC content which gives it a more clear-headed high, makes you more productive and is known to help with depression. There are also specific varieties with higher CBN content that contribute to a more "trippy" high, such as Durban Poison and LSD(the strain).

Correct me if I'm wrong.. I'm no chemist, but I spend a majority of my time reading up on MJ facts.

10. #50 DaComeUpCat, Jul 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2009

Im so confused right now.I always thought it was the kush that gave you the energetic high. Thats what my friend told me, he doesnt know what the hell he's talking about.

EDIT: Alright, I just looked up it up and got it now. my friend was wrong. thanks for the clarification.:)

11. well i know kush acually referse to the weed that is grown in the Kush moutain range in northen afganistan.

12. Or is derived from genetics that originated there. Im sure any grown their now is commerical shwag.

13. Just using your quote as a reference to show that Chronic is actually a particular strain of MJ as well, even though it is used as a generic term used to describe high quality bud or bud laced with cocaine in some places.

Straight from the Big Book of Buds Vol. 1 by Ed Rosenthal :
    Strain:Chronic
    Parentage of Strain: Northern Lights, Skunk x Northern Lights, AK-47
    Sativa or Indica: It is a 50/50 hybrid
    Effect: Even body-head ( " The high has a full spectrum of effects that start in the mind then move to the body" )

Chronic is popular within growers who want high yields and a relatively quick growing process.
    Chronic also won the 1994 High Times Cannabis Cup in the hydro division.

From personal experience with the strain, it can be used as a nice wake and bake if you have stuff to do but will also chill you out at night to watch a movie or to simply relax. Not too potent but definitely a nice strain if cured properly.

14. Ur all fucking retarded

kush means the bud is nice, lush, squishy, furry and fresh
    chronic means its dry, leafy and with little to no orange hairs

kush can be indica or sativa and so can chronic

i am a budtender at a marijuana dispensary

fucking retards!!

15. It doesnt really matter.. as long as it gets you high as fuck right?

16. :rolleyes:

17. ive never heard of chronic being known as laced with coke... i always knew weed laced with coke as being a primo....

18. Word is bond

19. From my understanding, chronic=dank. Kush is a strain that is chronic.

And i've NEVER heard of chronic meaning weed laced with coke.

20. depends on where you are from

where im at in california, they are both just slang terms for good weed. it depends on who u talk to how they use it. some people say i got some bomb chronic, others say i got some bomb kush, but their usually just used when they dont know the particular strain name, and just want to say its good pot

now, there are various kush strains, but usually when someone is saying i got some bomb kush, its not usually of the kush variety, and just some good weed, same goes for chronic, there is an actual strain called chronic, but u never get that strain, just good weed. and down here, chronic has always been a popular name for pot because of dr. dre's cd, the chronic, and the term has always been used since then for good buds for as long as i have been smoking