Kush kings FIELD OF DREAMS

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by kush king 902, Feb 8, 2016.

1. So this year I am trying my hand at the great outdoors, I have been strictly indoors up to this point. I will be doing a gorilla grow in the forest behind my house. I will be another 2 months before the growing actually starts but I decided to start this now so everybody can see the scouting of the location, the site prep and all that fun stuff!
    If anyone sees me doing something wrong or something I could do better feel free to let me know

2. My strain choices for this grow will be:
    2x Jordan of the island the purp
    1x HSO 707 truthband
    2x HSO Green Crack
    2x HSO Bubbas Gift
    3x seedman original Afghan
    5x Brown dirt Warrior browndirts revenge

3. Today I got up packed a backpack with a machete, a hatchet, a foldable shovel, a gps, a compus just in case my GPS batteries died and grabbed my furry friend and we went on a little hike on the other side of the lake behind my house.

Attached Files:

4. It took about 2 hours to find a location I really liked. As soon as I seen it I knew it was the spot! It's on the side of south facing hill by a lake in the middle of nowhere, there are tall trees that will help conceal them and there are really small green trees to help them blend in. I will have to clean up a few branches to make sure no light is blocked other then that it's great!

Attached Files:

5. I dug a test hole to see what the soil was like and it looked good! I will still bring in some promix but not as much as I thought I would need. So far so good.

Attached Files:

6. And it looks like we made it home just in time so we didn't get stuck out in a blizzard

Attached Files:

7. ...

Attached Files:

8. Subd fo sho! I'm doing something very similar. One suggestion is to spread the plants out so it doesn't look like a patch. And pine trees provide nitrogen to surrounding plants, Let in lots of light because of the needles and stay green year round so your plant doesn't stick out in fall when everything else is dead. Have you thought about a water only organic soil or Is that what pro mix is?

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk
    Its my first outdoor year too and I usually stick to hydro inside so its Definately a gamble for me haha

9. I do plan on spreading them out, maybe 2 in front of each patch of green pine trees. Promix is peat and perlite mixture with no nutrition if you put organic amendments in and it works well. I think I'm only going to add lime and alfalfa meal and use bio canna, then top dress with guano. This place would be really difficult to carry all the organic amendments to that's why I was thinking of going with canna. Their bio line is fermented plants and stuff I heard it was pretty good. It will be a gamble for me also lol I will have a couple inside just incase the unthinkable happens

10. Im gonna sub up and follow along

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

11. Awesome! I'm glad to have someone with outdoor experience following along. Welcome NEFarmer

12. That blizzard I got dropped around 30 cm! There's no getting to my spot right now, I was hoping I would be able to dig my holes this weekend but it's not looking good 😔. It's calling for warmer temperatures and rain next week so that should clear it up enough to get back there. I guess I will just have to wait .....

13. So I have been doing some thinking about my seed choices and decided to change it from what I was originally planning. I'm not going to grow 707 truthband outdoors because it's a 10 week strain and I will run into weather problems here in October for sure, I will not be planting the Afghan because I read that the fat colas are mold magnets in the humid weather and I'm not growing the purp because I am doing that indoors right now and I like variety. So my new seed list is 2x green crack 2x bubbas gift 5x browndirts revenge. It is probly a good idea to go with less then my original list since this is my first outdoor and don't want to bite off more then I can chew

14. this is awesome. I hope all goes well and you get to see the plants all the way through

15. You should still double or triple up on each strain you grow. I've read to plant twice as much as you plan on harvesting for guerrilla growing

16. Thanks! I hope I get to see them all the way too

17. Maybe I will stick a couple autos in with them. if I finish with 4 big healthy plants fully mature I would be happy with that for my first gorilla grow. This year is mainly ment to be a learning experience for me that's why I'm not shooting for the stars...... Next year will be another story though

18. Just went and picked up a couple liters of bio vega. I will probly need at least another liter but it's a start. I want to have everything that I need on hand before they go in the ground

Attached Files:

19. If your looking for 4 good plants I'd put in 10 plants. Outdoors is a whole different game. Are you fencing your grow spot? I'm not sure what it's like where you are from but i need to put up 6ft fences in the forest to keep everything out where I'm from. Kangaroos, wombats, pigs, rabbits ect will destroy your babies in a heartbeat.

20. I've grown outdoors a bit and this is what I can advise. The more direct sun the better the plants will grow. The more soil you can put in the holes the bigger the plants will grow. Then the nutrients. Organic nutrients would actually be easier I believe because they would be available to the plant the whole time and if you got them mixed in now they would break down in the soil come planting time. You would only need probably 4-8 cups mixed into each hole I'd say. If you put more in now it would be fine too everything will break down and it wont make the soil too hot. I'd even spread it out a ten foot circle over the native soil as the plants roots will grow a long ways probably out of your holes and into the native soil.Then add your lime. I would probably just mix a couple bags of manure, and a couple bags of potting soil into the native soil, with the lime and amendments per plant and call it good. You can get good organic mixes that have everything (kelp,guanos. oyster shell flour, meals, ect.) for like 25 bucks for a 20 lb bag. One bag would cover easy 10 plants. Manure is like 3 bucks a bag. You probably wouldn't even need to buy soil if you wanted to go cheap. You could do 10 big ass holes minus the soil for under 100 bucks easy. Those expensive bottled nutrients are a gimmick. Just hit your plants with a high nitrogen fertilizer (alaska fish emulsions) once per month and maybe some high phos guano during flower and call it good. Although you'd probably be fine without that stuff as the soil with the ammendments will have everything the plant needs already. Maybe try a few plants this way and see what works better I'm willing to bet this will get more bang for you buck! Remember the bigger the hole is with this mix the bigger your plants will get.