Kush grow 1st timer

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by HelloHydro, May 26, 2016.

1. Hello GrassCity I'm HelloHydro new to the grow game but I learn fast very talented and love collecting Hobbies LOL. I'm going to document as much as I can with pictures of my first grow. I feel anyone can grow but I want to understand the grow if you know what I mean.
    I'm starting off with 1 Bag Seed from unknown Kush I purchased that was amazing. I also have feminized Blue dream, OG Kush Larry OG, Ghost train Haze, Blimburn Cr+ & Blimburn Cream Automatic for my future experienced runs.

Feel free to keep me company with questions, answers, advice, tip & criticism along the way thanks.

2. #2 HelloHydro, May 26, 2016
    Last edited: May 26, 2016
    Germination May 4th 2016
    12 hour soak distilled water after that
    Paper towel method with mykos until shown Tap root.
    May 5th 2016
    Transplanted in 100% Coco Coir Solo Cup with Mykos.

Started the official veg on May 22nd 2016
    Transfer from rooted coco coir Solo Cup to dwc.

Week 1 Veg 18/6. May 22nd 2016
    3.2 gallons reverse osmosis water 5 gallon dwc Bucket 8 inch net pot.
    In this order
    5 ML Silica Blast
    1.2 ML Superthrive
    1 TSP each part Flora series
    1.5 ML Cali Magic
    PPH 280
    PH 5.7
    Day2 Week 1 Veg May 23rd 2016
    noticed leaves looking a little yellow so I gave it a reservoir change.
    In this order
    3.2 gal RO water
    10 ML Silica Blast
    2.5 ML superthrive
    1 ML Flora Micro
    2 ML Flora Gro
    1 ML Flora Bloom
    6 ML H202
    PPM 269
    PH 5.6
    73F
    63%RH

Attached Files:

3. Subbed up, she looks like she's off to a great start and have a very vibrant green.

Did you measure ppm prior to changing out the water? If not, I'd suggest checking that before dumping any water out. Looking at how much water is gone versus how much of your nutes is gone in a given time period is a great way to get an idea of what your plant is actually intaking and what its current nutritional needs are. That can be helpful when switching phases or when adding more when trying to avoid nute burn.

Any idea how long you want to keep her in veg for? The only thing I'd add is if it's just random bag seed, I'd plant more than one seed because it'd suck to put a few weeks of time into her and it turn out to be a male plant and you have to start over.

The Vault has always done me right and I've always had great germination rates so if you're planning on ordering any seeds, I'd suggest the vault and if you do, I (personally) highly recommend Black Cream Autoflower from Sweet Seeds. It's pretty tolerant of stress and mistakes typical of first time growers and to this day, end yield still produced a unique high I haven't had with any other strain. If you got a few bills to blow, you can always get hooked up by tapping into each promo going on and get a fuck ton of freebie seeds. I'm currently awaiting my order of Girl Scout Cookies that I've only heard good things of to arrive and I popped my last black cream autoflower a few days ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. maybe write the month instead of the numbers, i gotta keep figuring it out, dam yankees and canucks having the month first, the day goes first, #first world problems

• Like Like x 1
  5. i like all your gear, what lights ya using

6. Yes I checked PPM during switch outs. It's not drinking any water or newts at this time it's only been 4 days and dwc bucket I'm going to check for roots today. I started a practice gro 7 weeks prior to this one with some mid-grade seeds. They are still in my tent going on two-month-old from seed till now. I'm going to veg the little one for one month and a half then flip all 3 to flower. And I have OG Kush blue dream Larry OG ghost train Haze and a couple freebies I'm waiting to germinate after I get some experience with these babies first. I got them from worldwide marijuana seeds. After doing my research I'm not a fan of Autoflower because you really don't have control over the way it grows. I also top the little one for the first time today.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  7. 600 watt Hydro crunch dimmable ballast with built-in RF protection.
    600 watt MH Hydro Planet bulb.
    600 watt Sabre red God 90000 lumens. 440 CFM ipower virgin charcoal carbon filter in fan. 4 by 4 by 8 La Jardin grow tent.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Today I topped and noticed the lower fan leaves are yellowish. Still no sign of roots at the bottom of net pot.
    PH 6.1
    EC 0.6
    PPM Still at 300

Attached Files:

9. lookin pretty sweet. do you notice your superthrive plummet your Ph to like 4.3 or so? Everything else was General Organics nutes for outdoors in soil and that rarely affect Ph or even registers EC.

It's gonna get harder and harder to change out those nutrients and do res changes on each bucket eventually when you start growing that awesome gear you mentioned and have more plants, especially when they're in SCROG nets. Do you have any plans to plumb for RDWC? so that you have just one have control bucket and the water recirculates through your plant buckets?

10. Update
    Two bucket changes within a week.
    Friday May 27th first change noticed leaves where getting yellow in Gunk on my air stones from too much H2O2. Within one week went from nothing but tap root showing to a explosion! of clean white roots every where wow.

May 27th little signs of roots but not much.
    3 gallons RO water
    15 ML Silica Blast
    5.5 ML Cali Magic
    5 ML Flora Micro
    5 ML Flora Gro
    5 ML Flora Bloom
    2 Drops Super Thrive
    1/2 ML h202
    430 PPM/0.9
    PH 5.8

New bucket change
    May 30th Roots everywhere

3 gallons RO water
    10 ML Silica Blast
    7 ML each 3 part Flora series
    4 drops Superthrive
    1/2 ML h202
    380 PPM
    5.9 PH

Old
    PPM 440
    PH 5.9

Attached Files:

11. Update growing pretty fast
    Res change Jun 6th 2016
    15 ML Silica Blast
    5 ML Cali Magic
    5 ML Flora micro
    10 ML Flora Gro
    5 ML Flora Bloom
    400 PPM
    PH 5.8

Old
    320 PPM
    6.0 PH

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Looking good you going to lollipop her or lst?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. I'm thinking lollipop in Supercrop. Not sure when to do it though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Also when and how many fan leaves can I remove to help light penetrate

• Like Like x 1
  15. I would wait quite some time first before trimming get a few more branches or pinch the top now and lst the plant

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. I've only gave it one top I'm thinking about talking again today. Do I top the same to the pop out from the first top or the lower ones.

17. Yes and I just toped the lower ones today.