Kurt Eichenwald wants "GOPrs who voted for Trumpcare to see their family members die."

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mandoluce, May 8, 2017.

1. Eichenwald is an idiot. Also most people would still find some way to rationalize this as Obamas fault if they lose insurance, including people on Medicaid. I doubt most people who vote GOP will ever change their mind because political affiliation has become an identity thing and not something based on objectivity for most people (that goes for both sides before people jump down my neck).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Sadly, conservatives have been voting against their own self-interests for decades, and their hatred of the ACA is based, like nativetongues said, on rhetoric and political identity. Curiously in recent weeks and months we've been seeing more conservatives stand up to their representatives at town halls regarding healthcare, so it seems support for universal healthcare (or at least parts of it) has grown beyond partisan lines. Fortunately it doesn't seem like Trumpcare is going to pass the senate, so the Republicans are going to fall on their faces, hopefully paving the way for a shift to the left for 2018.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. It's not a lie, but also not the fault of ACA. Insurers sadly are in control of the process. They have been dropping out of the marketplace in order to damage ACA and influence the political process. Of course they'd prefer a fully-privatized system. The current ACA gives too much control to insurers, which is the problem. Despite what Trump and GOP talking heads might say, it is likely that premiums will rise under Trumpcare (or, would rise, because it's unlikely to pass the senate in its current form). Waiting on that CBO score.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Oh, another conspiracy theory.

Why would insurers prefer a private system to one where they can get away with charging more and are guaranteed payment by the government? The government punishes people who don't buy their product lol.

Obamacare: A Health Insurance Subsidy, Not Health Care Reform - Roosevelt Institute

• Like Like x 3
  5. ACA, the US Government's audacity to tax you for simply being alive.

Isn't freedom great?

• Like Like x 2
  6. [​IMG]
    upload_2017-5-8_16-54-17.png

• Like Like x 2
  7. "like your doctor...keep your doctor"
    "Like your plan....keep your plan"

All lies, made up and perpetuated by Obama. How anyone could possibly say that the mess our healthcare system is in right now is not the result of obamacare is just amazing to me.
    Defending it for whatever reason is one thing, but just flat out making stuff up..wow.

• Like Like x 2
  8. don't forget Hillary's e-mails.

Benghazi!

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Two can play at this game lol. Trump recently has said

“We’re going to have insurance for everybody,"
    “There was a philosophy in some circles that if you can’t pay for it, you don’t get it. That’s not going to happen with us.”

“I was the first & only potential GOP candidate to state there will be no cuts to Social Security, Medicare & Medicaid”

Yet despite all these promises CBO estimates anywhere from 15-25 million people will likely lose health care over the next decade. 10-14 million will lose health insurance throug Medicaid after the program is cut by around 880 billion over the next decade according to the CBO. The Medicaid part of the plan has not changed in any significant way since the initial ACHA which received this scoring from the CBO. So most definitely not everyone will have insurance as millions will lose it on top of the 10-15 percent of Americans that are already uninsured. The truth is all politicians lie which is why it's on us to look at plans in the aggregate and decide if they are good or bad policies. Expecting a politician to tell the truth is like expecting a car salesman to be straightforward with you.

Trump vows ‘insurance for everybody’ in Obamacare replacement plan

Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) on Twitter

6 promises Trump has made about health care

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Don't forget that they are immune from federal anti-trust investigations.

11. Oh please! You of all people should talk. Any chance you get you cough up some Breitbart hairball that attributes any action you are against as being done intentionally and as part of a malevolent plan.

• Like Like x 1
  12. All that plus being a serial killer!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Kurt does have a valid point. US health services are profit based. Pay to play. Most other first worlders enjoy a humanitarian based service. US healthcare will never be "fixed" until the profit motive is removed.

14. #16 JohnnyWeedSeed, May 9, 2017
    Last edited: May 9, 2017
    Get government out of health care. Full stop.
    A witch doctor shaking his magical stick at you while burning incense is a better idea then letting the state continue this pissing contest or even having a single word on the issue.
    Throw the baby out with the bath water and then a few bowling balls just to make good and damn sure it don't survive.

None of these fuck up politicians should be trusted to run a shovel but some people still want to let them run their health care and write laws and regulations about it.

I weep for the future.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. The only people that like aca are the society leaches that get it for free

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. well for one, if you are judging trump on the merits of a bill that he hasn't even seen on his desk or signed off on seems pretty counter intuitive doesn't it?
    he certainly said those things and I'm not denying it, but the bill hasn't even been reviewed by the senate yet, and there are already talks of senators wanting to tear it up, like I posted above.
    If you are gonna judge the president on what he has done thats fine. But you aren't here, you are just jumping to conclusions at this point.
    And that number of people "losing" their care will mostly be due to them not being forced to buy healthcare.

17. well thats true, however where do people go to get major heart surgeries, ect? They generally come here. I don't hear about anyone going to canada or austrailia to get major surgeries.

18. He's vocally supported the bill in its current form which is why it's fair to criticize him. If he truly cared about covering everyone and not cutting Medicaid (he doesn't) he wouldn't have supported the ACHA in its current form and lobbied so hard to push it through the house. Obviously the bill will change a lot from its current form but I would bet you almost anything that it will cut money from Medicaid and it will lead to millions more losing insurance, not just people choosing not to have insurance.

Did you even read my post? 10-14 million people will lose coverage though Medicaid, which is obviously not a choice of theirs. These people chose to apply for Medicaid and will be kicked off when states don't have enough funds, not by their own volition. I forgot the exact numbers on the remaining 10 million that will lose insurance but I think it's like 70/30 split on those losing insurance because it's too expensive verse those choosing not to pay for insurance anymore. I think iirc it's about 3 million that will choose to no longer buy insurance which is a tiny fraction of the millions that will lose health insurance under the current plan. On top of that this scoring was before the pre exisitng conditions waiver which likely means even more people will lose coverage if their state govenrment applies for a waiver and the high risk pools remain heavily underfunded.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1