KRS ONE... Do You Know Of Him?

Discussion in 'General' started by ZerO Stay Tokin, Aug 30, 2006.

1. I'm having an argument with a friend about the famous rapper KRS ONE. Do you know who he is? have you heard of him?

2. yeah ive heard of KRS..listened to alot of his stuff..one of my fav's is that track " you must learn " aint listened to him in a while now though

3. famous? the most fame he got was through the sublime song "krs one" but yeah ive heard his rhymez....

4. are you nuts? krs one is one of the most respected and famous rappers in the game.

i like that song by sublime though.

5. KeepSmokinReefa is a famous rapper ? i had no idea

No j/k when i first saw the title i thought of KSR and sorry no i have never herd of KRS one i dont get out much:laughing:

6. most definitely heard of him....lol

7. i always wonderd what the fuck that sublime song was talking about. havent heard of em

8. Hell yea KRS is a G

9. Well i suggest that everyone download some KRS ONE.

Step Into A World
    9mm Goes Bang
    Black Cop

these are a few of his songs.

10. sure have... out for fame, dope track.

11. what do I vote?
    I know of him, but never heard him
    the only reason I know of him is because of the song KRS One on 40 oz. to freedom

12. yeah i know him.. he's underground. he aint that ill though, i aint really feelin him too much.. i've only heard like one song from him b4 n thats cuz my boi had it on his ipod.

13. Of course, he was a pioneer. Unfortunately I feel he never lived up to his potential. You know he's a born-again, and raps about god and stuff today haha who woulda thunk it the original gansta rappin' about the g up above the notorious G-O-D...

'In 2002, he released a gospel-rap album, Spiritual Minded, surprising many longtime fans. Parker had once denounced Christianity as a "slavemaster religion" which African-Americans should not follow. He founded the Temple of Hiphop, and released a new album, Kristyles, in mid- 2003, which was preceded by KRS-One: The Mixtape. In the summer of 2004 he released Keep Right.

KRS One's latest CD "Life", was released in June 2006, and another CD, "Adventures in Emceein" on Koch Records is slated for later in the year. KRS has also confirmed for his next album of new material, expected to be out in 2007, he will be working with Marley Marl.' -wikipedia

14. man for anyone to not know of KRS-ONE means that they dont listen or know ANYTHING about the underground hip hop... KRS-ONE is one of the if not greatest underground artists of al time.

as far as mainstream hip hop goes he never did... but he never reallie tried to be a "true" mainstream artists... as a underground artsit tho i would have to differ from ur statement.

15. Heard of em, through the sublime song and always wondered haha.

Downloaded 2 of his songs, listenin to em now.

After listening, eh if those are some of his best songs then it doesnt really flow with my style. Im sure hes a great rapper just not for me.

16. Hip hop would in no way be the same without KRS.

17. KRS One? I'll always be numba ooooonnnnne!!!!

Dude, how can your friend even say he knows hip hop?

Speaking of KRS One, some good movies to watch are the Beef series (I think he's in #2 or 3) which is about rappers fighting lyrically (and sometimes physically - ahem tupac & biggie)

18. its hurts me deep that more people know the sublime song than the rapper.
    all i can say is the 90s kicked ass.

19. Ha, and what do you listen to dude? boyz 2 men, cause that's how you spell, atrocious

Yeah, KRS is pretty tight. Don't listen to him much but I'll listen every once in a while. Knowledge reigns supreme!

20. idk, I just think there are a lot better underground and mainstream artists out there, and KRS could have been the best, but he's not, nowhere near it, jmo of course. idk he just never really did it for me, like easy e in my book, sort of dismissive:eek: , although always there...