Kronicly Insane's 2017 Outdoor gardens.

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Kronicly Insane, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Sounds like you've been busy x

2. I remember when those teenagers got into your garden.

Hydroponic Organic Science Stuff

3. I got attack dogs now. Not going to happen ever again. My prior military service come in handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yeah it kinda makes things unfair specially if your combat arms. I keep a 300 acc "pistol" with 8" barrel ready by my way into the backyard. I plan to eventually get my stamp's for supressed and SBR. Then will set it up with a law tactical side folder with a procomp break/supressor adapter. Then the odds become extremely unfair or inversely favorable depending on which side of things you are on and you know there is sides.

5. Do you do your trellis in a way to cover them during a rain storm ? I saw in another thread some people were talkung about covering tyem during the rain.[​IMG]

6. I tried covering a plant last year with a pop up cannopy and ended up losing it when a freak show downpour caused it to collapse. So make sure you have a way draining water off what ever you cover it with because it can turn out worse then some rain. This year I made sure to place my large plant in a place where I can hang a tarp at an angle from the peak of house. I already placed a heavy duty eyelet on the house but still need place my lower points, I have atleast 2 months before I will start having to worry about rain so plenty of time to work it out and have it ready before I need it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I keep close to a dozen firearms in my home. Got enough to do a tactical raid by myself. Being a former Military Policeman and MWD Handler my skill set allows for a sense of security. Most people would believe half the shit I gone through but it all makes me stronger.

8. I try to cover them with clear plastic, it will only have short light rain storms up two maybe 3 times prior to harvest. After it stops I shake and blow the rain off the plants. A leaf blower does wonders in drying them off.

9. Some years October is mostly dry but then last October it rained every single day a couple inches on average.

10. Yeah , I picked up a leaf blower this spring for like 70 dollars. not the mkst powerfull one bit its better than no blower at all. I am doing mostly Hydro this year so I can get a good flush done. I like to let the plant leaves yellow up and fqll off . unlike my spring run they were Organic and they didnt ever yellow at all all the way to ripe they were dark green.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I am assuming you mean using a leaf blower for drying them after rain, which is an awesome idea. Now I need to add a leaf blower to my list of things to get.

12. That's how I use it. I blow off as much water as possible as soon as it stops raining. It helps prevent bud rot.

13. Rain is always a concern for me in October here, and generally even fast strains do not finish until halfway through longer ones in Nov. This requires me to use proven strains outdoors if I want to depend on them outside. The combination of weather conditions late summer and light cycle is nice because I get a long veg time and they can get huge but makes finishing harder. Over the years I would not be surprised if I have lost somewhere in the range of 50-75 lbs in the final weeks of flower due to botrytis but it comes with the territory and what type of October I have. For this reason I keep some smaller plants which I can move under cover in the fall in my greenhouse which can also be difficult if I have 90% humidity the whole month and then pair that up with the greenhouse heat cycle. Once I get to November I am generally in the clear because rain is less common and light frost dries the air. I never thought of using a leaf blower and there have been times it could have maybe been enough. Although this year I placed my biggest girl where the vent from my greenhouse will blow across her cannopy in hopes of sorta doing the same thing.

• Like Like x 1
  14. The leaf blower never completely drys the plants off. I use it to knock most of the water off to prevent as much bud rot as possible. Come October I usually will trim off fan leaves to help allow better airflow and sunlight to the inner portions of the plants. I do try to cover them with clear plastic and it seems to help prevent most of the plant from getting wet. I think this year I may build some moveable cover I can use for each plant. I hate loosing bud to things that are preventable. That's why I cage my plants. When they are flowering they get heavy and I hate breaking branches right after rain and pest.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Plants are continuing to grow like crazy. Many of my plant have begun to show flowers except for a few. Today I found one of the 5 reg seeds I am running is a male so it got chopped down and replaced with a plant from indoors. It was in hydro so I need to overwater it for the next few days until it gets used to dryer conditions. Out of the 5 reg seeds I have two females so far and just two left to show sex. I have a few extra plant to use as replacements if the are males. The replacements are much smaller but I figure something is better than nothing. Having a few small plants is kinda nice when it domes to trimming. The flowers should grow pretty huge as there are less branches taking up the sunlight and nutrients. It's been a week or so since I last visited my plants in my apprentice's garden but they were looking great when I last saw them. If there were any concerns my boy would of hit me up. It seems this year the hard part will be trimming all these plants. I am going to look into investing in a trimming machine in order to help process the flowers. Here are some new photos of my backyard jungle. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  16. I pulled my tall ones over sideways , They now look two feet shorter im just wondering how theyll do cause some branches that were getting light are now on the under side of the canopy. Maybe I should trim up some leaves so the light gets through to the underside.

17. you probably dont have to worry much about bugs seeing as your ground is almost all barron.

18. I still get bugs due to all the trees and bushes my in my neighbors yards. I treat my plant about once a week for pest but have been failing behind lately. With flowering starting I need to hit treat them to prevent and and mites. I think next year I'm going to lay some bark or other materials to help keep the dust down. Maybe I'll go with recycled tires as a ground cover.

19. Have you looked at the heavy duty ground cover they use for nurseries.

20. updates?