Kronicly Insane's 2017 Outdoor gardens.

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Kronicly Insane, Jun 26, 2017.

1. What's up Grasscity. For those who do not know me I have been growing cannabis year round for the past 7 plus years. I am constantly learning and experimenting with the plant and have learned a great deal about growing, breeding and harvesting cannabis. I have learned and make many cannabis related products at home. Some example are that I make my own hash, kief, Rosin, editable, tinctures and medicated salves. I find the plant very interesting and it has personally helped me and my girlfriends in ways were modern medicine has failed. I am a disabled Army veteran and the VA had me taking a dozen persecution medications. Long story short cannabis allowed my to lower that number to two Rx. Currently I am growing about 100 clones indoors and have 11 plants in my backyard garden along with 2 plants at a apprentice's place. This year I was approached by my oldest sons friend an asked to mentor him with growing and in return I got 2 plants in his garden. I have nothing but love for cannabis and an like a kid in a candy store. In about 2 weeks I will be reducing my indoor numbers and plan to only select the best 50 or so plants for flowering indoors.

As for my outdoor plants I have 5 ( Los Veteranos, Boneyard seeds) plants grown from regular seeds that is year to be sexed. Two ( money maker; Strain Hunters, and Chronic Thunder from Barney's Farm)are from feminized seeds and the remaining 4 ( lemon OG, Blue Dream, Blueberry Cookies and Purple Zebra from Swami select are the clones clones. I plant to replace any of the regular seed that turn out to be male with a clone growing indoors. All the plant were started at various time but most are a month old or older. I get lot of shade from my neighbor but I still do my best to grow beautiful plants. They are all grown in a recycled soil that I mixed myself and add amendments to recharge it each spring and during the grow season. After my plants are planted I them cover the soil with alfalfa to help with water retention, it helps cool the soil and provided nutrients to the plant as it decomposes. The amount of soil ranges from 45 gallon fabric posts to 100 +gallon holes in the ground with the soil replaced. Enjoy the photos and feel free to ask any questions. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 4
  2. Plants are continuing to do well. I wish I got more hours of direct sunlight but I make the most out of my situation. Tomorrow I will try to add new photos of two plants in my friends garden that belong to me. Compared to my spot he gets much more sunlight than I get. It will be interesting to see how the two gardens finished compared to each other. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. The girls are in full throttle. The 2 plants I have at my apprentice's garden are doing amazing with having hours of additional sunlight than my garden. Both spots are looking beautiful and I have happy with the progress of most the plants. I have a few smaller plants in my garden but they are finally starting to explode with new growth. I still have 4 plants that I started from regular seeds that will hopefully show sex in the next few weeks so I can pull any males. I have some spare clones to use as replacements, they are significantly smaller as they are indoors and been begging for only a few weeks. I look at it as something will be better than nothing. Out of 13 outdoor plants I sure I can afford to loose a few due to being male. The unknown plants are the same strain so it's not like I'll loose a bunch of different strains.

First 2 pics are the plants in my buddies garden. One is Chemdawg and the other is Critical Kush.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

These next photos are of the plants in my garden. 5 plants are from regular seed (Los Veteranos; Boneyard seeds). The other plants consist of a Purple Zebra (Swami Select Seeds), Chronic Thunder; (Barney's Farm Fem seed), Money Maker; (Strain Hunters), clones of Lemon OG, Blue Dream, and Blueberry Cookies. So far these plants have received just water and top dressings. The soil is recycled for the past ) years and this year I did a no till with only amendments added as a topdressing. At my buddies garden the plants have received added nutrients as the soil is on its first run. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  4. You certainly have some balls growing that many plants. Your garden look nice and healthy, hopefully those ladies can put some weight on before flowering starts for ya.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'd love to try an outdoor grow but unfortunately it's just not feasible and the bugs would put me off too lol.....your plants are looking great though....100 plant...bloody hell I found 2 to be a lot of work....

• Like Like x 1
  6. I am a disabled veteran and require lots of meds. I also am a care giver for my girlfriend who is a stage 3c breast cancer survivor and for my elderly mother. I have had the cops in the past count my plants and they know of my situation. My neighbor 2 doors down work as a K9 handler with the sheriff dept. so I do have some giants balls. I come from a military law enforcement background and confident I will be fine.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Most of them are young clones. I'm in the process of selecting the best 50 to flower indoors.i keep them daily small and get about an 1-2 oz per plant.

8. I am right in the air corridor for nearby airport so the county drug task force going out to search the woods for the huge grows passes over my stuff 5 days a week. They have circled before I am sure to get a better look but I keep everything legit and this yard has had Cannabis growing in it for over a decade. I am more concerned about some idiot ripper then anything else. Not that they would be able to get anything past the dog and motion lights, plus the only real way in is past my bedroom window, so at most they are only going to leave with a 300 acc round or two.

9. Rippers are my biggest concern also. I have trained Belgian Malinios , electric fence ( to keep my dogs in my yard), cameras and other security measures. Years ago I had teenage kids rip a few branches from my plants. Both times they took immature flowers and leaves. Plants were barely flowering when if they moved deeper into the garden I had some close to finishing. I caught them on camera and they have since not come back.

• Like Like x 1
  10. #10 inda, Jul 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
    My last guerilla grow in 97' was completely lost to rippers and they still had 3-4 weeks to go. My current situation provides me a location that is fairly safe with only a couple access points to the backyard. I then have a trained white Shepherd which is active at night to help protect chickens from predators. She is also trained to the sound of the single gate that does not get locked and she is also poison trained. Their is multiple motion lights and the primary entry way into the rear goes past my room. Plus with all my Vegetables arround the yard and current work being done to re layout most the yard to cater to the previous limits how someone can even travel through here. I also have cameras on front and rear of property with the rear end clearly marked that they are on camera. I also have the rear lit up all night with low watt green led bulbs and a few floods, the green does not affect cycle which is nice in this application. If I ever get a large chunk of land I would probably integrate barrier plants on fence lines examples below. They would also help with the other rippers known as deer. I am actually waiting on a order of 200 seeds for sea buckthorn to start growing now. They are one of nature's forms of c wire which fixes nitrogen, drought tolerant, long lifespan, and produces a valuable berry in abundance in mature plants (4-5 year old)

Szechuan Pepper
    zant_25.jpg
    Sea buckthorn
    sea-buckthorn.jpg sbt-branches.jpg
    Russian Olive
    20080717_DSC0366-M.jpg

11. Natural barriers work awesome. I planted roses along the front of the fence to my garden. It sounds like you got quite a bit growing. What state are you in? It would be interesting to see how you have thing set up. I just started growing veggies a couple years ago and have been learning a lot. This year so far has turned out good and I have been giving my neighbors squash and zucchini as fast as they grow. I take enjoyment in producing food and helping my neighbors. This way they don't bother me about growing cannabis.

• Like Like x 1
  12. That last sentence hits it right on the head. When you start mixing 5 yard batches of refuse in the drive way people tend to notice. About two years ago I had this one guy who would always walk by kinda looking around every time he passed, who I found out later was fed. Anyways one evening he came walking by and he saw me filling 1qt containers and transplanting tomatos, I maybe had about 300 starts in the drive way, but you could see his face drop was he walked by because he was sure I was growing. The thing is I was but now he thought otherwise. So besides the fact going that going to Farmers markets allows make a little money it also places me in better standing around this smaller town and no one really questions the large amounts of grow related stuff I have. It is often easier to hide things out in the open.

13. I will probably post up alot of my regular veg stuff alongside my journal for 2017. I ripped up almost 75% of the yard this year and in the process of altering the landscape to cater to my needs. I still have 100s of hours of work before I am finished.

14. Afghan Police hard at work watching their grow.
    afghanpolice (1).JPG

• Like Like x 1
  15. It don't look that great. Did you happen to aquire any seeds while you were overseas? I wouldn't mind getting my hand on some to use for breeding and to see how they turn out grown in better conditions.

16. They mostly look like dirt weed over there lol, I was going by there at about 40 mph so lucky to even get a picture. The only seeds I got back were some Turkish Reds I got from the cook at ANA compound is was staying at for awhile. Never got my hands on any cannabis seed.

17. Looking good KI

18. Yesterday I spent the Day trimming trees and moving plants at my buddies grow. His landlord was complaining that they were too big and close to the fence, so we moved them about 20-30 feet. We had to cut so branches from trees to allow more sunlight through. I think we will be fine in the new spots. Murphy dud however strike and one plant got smashed by a falling branch. It destroyed about half the plant but it wasn't mine or my buddies. It belonged to his other buddy. It sucks hard but we will square with him. It looked like everything was clear but the branch fell other than planned. On the bright side the plants are looking amazing. After working at my buddies I had to work in my garden. My plant are looking very good for the most part. Even the late starts are looking good and starting to take off. Between both gardens I am beginning to see preflowering. In a week or two the 4 indexed plants should show themselves. Hopefully half are female. For any males I have smaller plants indoors that will replace them. I actually am planning on transplanting a few and bringing them outside in a few days. Enough talk, here are new photos. First two are my chemdawg and critical Kush that are at my apprentice's garden. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2