Kreepy krawlys

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by PPORTN, May 12, 2018.

1. #1 PPORTN, May 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    IMG_2868.JPG Some are more amazed than others when spotting the night crawlers or huhu grubs. What are your guys finds in the gardens. Heres a bigg mumma i seen this morning carrying a shizz load of eggs

• Like Like x 1
  2. I've seen a preying mantis before on my walk. Usually I see various beetles, spiders, fly/gnat type bugs. Also butterflies and moths but I don't consider those "kreepy krawlys".

3. Yeah all natures beautiful had a monarch hatch on my plant also.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wtf is that.. If I ever come across anything like that I think I'll just literally walk away from it and never go near it again!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. It's a mantis. Aka staunch defenders of weed. They will eat anything that moves and the juveniles will decimate spider mites, thrips, aphids and other smaller pests.

"You're that ninja....."

6. So they are beneficial? They don't look very beneficial mind seeing as the little fuckers been eating the leaves!

7. Carrying eggs?

Do you mean she has an enlarged abdomen?

Mantids lay their eggs in a cardboard like sack called an ootheca.

100s will emerge and once they deplete their food source of pretty much every other insect (not lady bugs...usually but they will) a battle royale will begin and they will eat eachother until there only are a few left

This isn't always the case. Different species act differently.

This one looks like a California Mantis. Acts similar to the Chinese Mantis.

FYI there aren't many bugs they won't eat, beneficials included.

Some will also eat hummingbirds and bats... they eat the brains...

SW-121117-BirdEating-Thumb.jpg

"You're that ninja....."