Kratom

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by tokeabowl11, Feb 28, 2009.

1. I just received an ounce of kratom powder in the mail! What are all of your experiences with kratom and what is a good first dose and preperation. I put like 4 tsps in peanutbutter and felt nothing after reading that it worked on some other forum. I have heard about some alcohol extraction can anyone elaborate on this?

2. I usually just make a tea with ~15g. I like to use like 2 cups of water (it tastes pretty gross) and just throw the kratom in and let it boil for a minute or 2, and then take the pot off the burner and let it steep for around 15 minutes. Strain, add honey or sugar, and sip...don't down it all at once.

It basically, to me, just feels like a strong dose of caffeine, accompanied with a kind of warmth in my body, although a few times I've gotten blurred vision and intense body sweats from it. Be careful. I think 20-25g is where people start to get real nauseous and throw up.

3. I've read that the way u mentioned is extremely inneficient and doesnt really extract much. Its supposed to be opiate like effects not caffeine/

4. It CAN cause an opiate like sedation, although I've never experienced it. You just asked for how people on here prepare it, and I gave you that.

5. What is kratom? (i know i know .. im dumb)

6. Its a ground leaf that you prepare in order to experience and opiatesque effect.