KOTOR: The Greatest Game of All Time

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Revenent, Aug 19, 2011.

1. #1 Revenent, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2011
    Starwars: Knights of the Old Republic is, without a doubt, the greatest game ever made! The most fun I've ever had with a video game.

2. KOTOR II is a VERY good game and I got so pissed off when I heard they were cancelling it and making TOR instead. That was one of the biggest facepalms I ever did.

Aside from KOTOR II, I think Oblivion is slightly better...although for me its a CLOSE one..

3. Duhhhhh.

KOTOR I and II are THE GREATEST RPG's of all god damn time.

4. Couldn't agree more.

Knights of the Old Republic got me interested in Star Wars again, which is quite a feat.

5. I'm still waiting on KotOR III

6. I still am too. The Old Republic is horse crap. :eek:

7. Fuck TOR, wating for KotOR III always. :D

...TOR looks okay.

8. totally disagree. Kotor1/2 are great but neither of them is the best game of all time.

also TC i'd like to hear your reasons as to why you think kotor is better than mass effect in every way b/c having played both I can honestly say that without breaking down and nitpicking each aspect of either game I would be 100% more likely to go and replay ME2 than kotor1 or 2 just on a fun basis.

9. I started playing KOTOR 2 a bit at work seeing how much time my co-worker there has spent on it haha. It's been great so far, still trying to get used to the interface though.

10. Honestly I couldn't get past KOTOR's combat system... it just felt boring as hell.

I'll try to give it another shot though... but ME's and DA:O's combat systems were way more enjoyable for me. With KOTOR in the opening battles at least I was just sitting there watching as my characters exchanged gunfire with bad guys... kinda lame, no interaction.

11. You do have a point. If KOTOR II had ME's combat system, that would have been one hell of a game... I still think Oblivion is better than KOTOR though. :rolleyes:

12. BTW, how does Baldur's Gate 2 + TOB compare to KOTOR's combat system? Better?

Thinking about getting it since it's considered by lots of people to be like one of the best games ever.

13. nu uh! Oblivion. :cool:

14. No what? It sucks?

I played Oblivion and hated it... no story and everything felt copy pasted... not my kind of RPG.

15. I feel the same way. I'm dumbfounded by how much people like Oblivion.

16. I dunno what you guys are talking about... I freaken loved it. It even got a 9.6 on gamespot reviews..

17. Ya a lot of people love it but loads of people absolutely hate it. I wouldnt give it more than a 6.5.

Similar with Crisis, all the modern CODs etc... games got rave reviews but many people despise them.

Even though Yahtzee goes overboard a lot of times for comic effect I thought his Oblivion review was spot on, totally summed up my thoughts. I thought Fallout 3 was slightly better (more than 3 people voicing the NPCs lol!), but still fell flat on its face compared to Bioware's stuff.

[ame=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/75-Oblivion]The Escapist : Video Galleries : Zero Punctuation : Oblivion[/ame]

But my question about BG2's combat remains ;)!

18. Neverwinter nights 2 is usually on sale for rly cheap on steam and it's a pretty great game similar to Baldurs gate2 and TOB. I'd be willing to play through the campaign again if anyone has the game or buys is and wants to play.

as for what another few ppl said about the combat in Kotor, i agree and thats one of the things that really took away from the game for me.

19. #19 Oblivion420, Aug 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    ME2 was an awful, awful game compared to ME1

I was so disappointed. I haven't even finished ME2 yet and I doubt I'll get ME3.

They destroyed everything good about that game. Although, the first one is one of my favorite games.

20. morrowind.
    Baldur's gate 1 & 2.
    Neverwinter nights.
    Icewind dale.
    planetscape: torment.
    system shock 2
    deus ex....

All better games.
    for a star wars game it's actually not shit though.