Kool Bloom

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by BenderBob, Nov 15, 2010.

1. any body use this? I am just looking for info on if I should use it? when to use it? How much to use?

this would be in a flood table and I just changed the light cycle to 12/12.

I have a 1.5# box of this powder that I have just never used and thought I would give it a try. ;)

2. any body use this??? :eek:

3. Hi...

Yes I use GH Koolbloom along with the other GH Flora products. I use it in a modified Lucas Formula mix, so the amount I use is dependant on the amount of nute solution I am making. It is a bloom enhancer (as GH calls it) so it is used in conjuntion with your 'regular' nutrient solution. Since you didn't say what other nutes your using, it's hard to say how much to use. When I make 20G of nutrient solution, I use about 1.3t for the beginning flower stage and almost 4t in my 'ripening' mix. I keep my ppm level around 1400 - 1500.

It is strong stuff... be sure not to use too much! Hope this helps.

Good Luck!

4. I use both the liquid and dry with GH's Floranova. This is my mix: Weel 1 floering 4ml per gallon Floranova Grow, 4 ml Floranova bloom, week 2 I add 8 ml per gallon Liquid Koolbloom to week 1's left overs and run thru week 2, weeks 4 and 5 I use 8 ml per gallon Floranova bloom, 4 ml per gallon Liquid Koolbloom, and 1/4 tsp Dry koolbloom, week 6 and 7 8ml per gallon Floranova Bloom, 1/2 tsp Dry Koolbloom. Maybe that'll help you a little bit.

5. I use this nute with every grow that I do. I usually start using it four weeks into flower. This stuff creates monsters. I do suggest not to use it how they suggest on the back of the bottle/container. I had hermied a few of my plants because I kept my solution at 900 PPM, and added an additional 200 PPM of kool bloom. They clearly messed with my plants. So now if my solution was at 900, I would drop it down to 700, and then add 200 PPM of kool bloom. This has never failed me and makes some beautiful ladies.

6. I was going to ask if anyone had problems with hermies while using this. I was doing some reading on line and it seems a lot of people had this problem.

Thank you.

7. As I said earlier, I did when I was adding too much of it. I know people personally that use this as well, and I have been the only one to get any from it. I have read a lot of horror stories about it via online. But I think using this product is well worth it if it is used correctly. I sound like a salesman.

8. Hey that's cool as long as I get the info I need. :D My plants have only been in 12/12 for about a week so I'm going to wait before I start using it.;)

Thanks. :smoke:

9. What kind of system are you running? I ask because the PPM's seem low to me. I myself run 1200 to 1900 ppm with the mix I listed above. Never had a hermie I didn't want and that was with add of G-acid for breeding.

10. I know you are not asking me but I wanted to say that I run flood tables with lava rock using the Lucas formula and I can't go higher than about 900ppm on mine, but I'm doing a blueberry mix that just don't like high nutes. ;)

11. I can understand with nute senitive strains. So far in my time growing Mandola Hashberry has been my most senitve strain I've worked with it did well at 1200, but stalled at 1500. I know I push the shit out of my plants and I too use a flood table. I also know some grows just want to get their harvest without risk of hurting their plants, it's a personal choice and works well for those who do. I prefer pushing mine to get everything the genetics have to offer.

12. I can agree with that, but I have been growing this strain for many years and I know where it stops. I could probably go to 1000 ppm but she will show some burning.

13. I am usually around 900-1000 PPM four weeks or so into flower. I usually end up having it around 1200-1300 PPM by the time a flush. I use a recirculating DWC. I always read about people getting their PPM's super high, but I just keep it at what the plants seem to be liking. I just use the standard flora series (grow/bloom.) I have been tempted to try the lucas formula, but I am content with how everything is growing.

I am definitely open to suggestions. What system do you use? What line of supps do you use?

14. This is my base line here; Weel 1 floering 4ml per gallon Floranova Grow, 4 ml Floranova bloom, week 2 I add 8 ml per gallon Liquid Koolbloom to week 1's left overs and run thru week 2, weeks 4 and 5 I use 8 ml per gallon Floranova bloom, 4 ml per gallon Liquid Koolbloom, and 1/4 tsp Dry koolbloom, week 6 and 7 8ml per gallon Floranova Bloom, 1/2 tsp Dry Koolbloom. Other than that I run 2mls ultra snow strom, 2 mls Carbo Load all the way thru feeding. Weeks 1 thru 3 I use hydrozyme to improve root growth. Week 6 runs for 6 days, I hand flush each plant and use gravity for two days at around 700 to 900 ppm's, I also raise the lights a few inches for these two days. Then I hand flush each plant again, drop the lights back down, and run week 7 for six days. Week 8 I flush with 8 mls florakleen per gallon for 3 days at a ph 5.8, then just plain ph 7 water for the following four days. If I'm running a 10 week strain I continue week 6 and 7 feeding up to a week before harvest. I've had a few plants that's made me turn down the ppm's, just not to many, yet.

15. great thread guys. I'm using GH but not the lucas formula. Using the 1-2-3 recipe. It goes like this:

Vegetative: 3-2-1 (3 parts grow, 2 parts micro, 1 part bloom)
    Flowering (1st two weeks) 2-2-2 (2 parts each)
    Flowering (after that) 1-2-3 (1 grow, 2 micro, 3 bloom)

1 part is 5ml per gallon. Supplementing with 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon epsom salt disolved in warm distilled then mixed.

I'd like to introduce Kool Bloom, Carbo Load, and or Floralicious Plus during flowering.

I'm growing Afghani and Northern Lights. Anyone had any experience with nute tolerance on either of these?