Kony 2012

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by The Crunge, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Come on, this is wondrous!

2. foolishness man :smoking:
    good luck to the child soldiers everywhere in the world

3. This is why sensationalism is fucking stupid. For one month everyones all about the cause and then the next were back to the same old shit only everyone has a false sense of accomplishment. Fuck that

4. Its the hipster bump, things are relevant for a few months so hipsters can get likes on facebook and feel like they are contributing to the cause some how.

5. free kony

6. I bet none of you knew..

I'm Joseph Kony:devious::eek::devious:

7. People realized quickly how bullshit this cause was, and people were called out on being sheeps for sharing a video that they barely know anything about. Then the guy got arrested for running around in the streets naked.

8. #11 thewarden, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2012
    Yeah this Kony 2012 shit was so ridiculous. Just a ploy to make a bunch of tools feel good about themselves without actually doing anything other than sitting on their ass, posting shit on facebook. Which they'd be doing regardless.

I have a whole folder of Kony 2012 stuff, some of its pretty offensive but I can dump it if you guys want haha just let me know

Rambo summed up my belief on this matter nicely

Burnett: I was told it might be possible to rent your boat. We'd like to do that. Is that possible? We need to get upriver.
    John J. Rambo: Where are you going?
    Burnett: Into Burma.
    John J. Rambo: Burma's a warzone.
    Burnett: Well, that's what people call it, but it's more like genocide than war. Anyway, this will be my fifth trip in, so we're aware of the risks.
    John J. Rambo: I don't go that far north.
    Burnett: Let me explain our situation. Our church is part of a pan-Asian ministry, located in Colorado. We are all volunteers who, around this time of year, bring in medical supplies, medical attention, prayer books, and support to the Karen tribespeople. People say you know the river better than anyone.
    John J. Rambo: They ain't lying.
    Burnett: So what I'm asking is that we compensate you for a few hours of your time that will help change people's lives.
    John J. Rambo: Are you bringing any weapons?
    Burnett: Of course not.
    John J. Rambo: You're not changing anything.
    Burnett: Well, it's thinking like that that keeps the world the way it is.
    John J. Rambo: [walking away] Fuck the world.

I'm all for peace, but realistically, it doesn't (and probably won't ever) work 100% of time. No matter how nicely you ask a lot of these people (Hitler, Kony, Kim Jong Il, etc) they aren't gonna listen. Money and bullets, however, are a pretty universal language

Attached Files:

9. Wasn't it found out that they didn't even know if kind was was alive? And died awhile ago or something? And then there's the dude who made the video who was tweaking running around naked.

10. This is what the U.N. "humanitarians" can't comprehend. The movie machine gun preacher was a good example of that.

11. Dza

rrrrrrrrrrrighhhhtttt

Attached Files: