Kombucha as a foliar IPM...

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by MajorToker, Sep 23, 2017.

1. #1 MajorToker, Sep 23, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    Ii caught a tidbit of this. I understand that the bacillus and alcohol is the benefit but my question would be how would you use this? My next question would be malt vinegar?

Other things mentioned are zeolite dust and mineral water foliar...any thoughts on anything...

• Like Like x 1
  2. No real use. A Lacto B. or compost tea foliar would do the same thing.

Stay away from vinegar as it’s used as an herbicide.

Everything else is useless. Your tap water has minerals in it.

What pests are you trying to get rid of?

3. I use kombucha as a foliar on vegging plants. It works really well to green up leaves and clears pm overnight and, in my case, for good. Works on a variety of plants and cactus. I dilute it because it has a lot of sugars left but you can get away with spraying it straight on the leaves, of mature plants at least.

• Like Like x 1
  4. What rate are you using? Homemade?

• Like Like x 1
  5. yea homemade, i have normal black tea and green tea as well as a banana peel kombucha ferment. You can use it every other week. I use a quarter cup per quart water and aerate for 12-24 hrs

• Like Like x 4
  6. #6 MajorToker, Sep 23, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    That was my next question regarding aerating. Thanks for the info. I might make a soap berry kombucha. May make an awesome IPM

• Like Like x 1
  7. What is kombucha? :confused_2: lol

8. Ok I googled it.....i have no inputs.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. @MajorToker I bet soap berries are really high in Saponins! I saw some today, I may collect some for another purpose.
    cheers
    os

• Like Like x 3
  10. Hey after learning so much. I found out there is a mix of aerobic and anaerobic bacteria cultures. I bet adding a cup per gallon to a kelp meal tea would rip some nutrients out

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. For sure man, kombucha scoby consumes a certain amount of nitrogen and sugars though. So, when you experiment, make sure you follow the recipes and only change a little. But, I think you may find it better to let the bacteria in your soil dismantle the kelp and stick with a humanly consumable tea. Idk. Play around with it!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Ok since this topic started, I have began making my own kombucha....and my own ewc. Now it' got me thinking what can we ferment with it for plants that is also good for us. I also been drinking it steady and my body is thanking me for it. Thanks for the tips yall

13. Yessir. I poured it on a rose bush that was about dwwad and she looked better than ever. Most tonics are made with this as well as compost extracts.

• Like Like x 1