Kombu aka Laminaria Digitata

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by PakistanGrass, Aug 7, 2011.

1. I didn't find any info about kombu tea...Anyone use such a tea?

2. Acadian Sea Plants (probably the best producers of seaplant extracts and meals) does use it in some of their products. I don't see any obvious problems from using it in a tea, other than the salinity which can be easily fixed by thoroughly rinsing the plant material to remove any excess salts. I would suggest drying it and crushing it into a meal, this way you can add it to your soil as an amendment and still use the meal to make tea out of.

3. From The Seaweed Site is this description on brown kelps in general of which this variety falls into.

It's a very good source but the cost must be pretty high, eh? Regardless it's a viable source of seaweed and you can read about Phaeophyceae: Brown Algae here.

HTH

LD

4. From The Seaweed Site is this description on brown kelps in general of which this variety falls into.

It's a very good source but the cost must be pretty high, eh? Regardless it's a viable source of seaweed and you can read about Phaeophyceae: Brown Algae here.

HTH

LD

5. Great info...Thanks