Kole477's Micro Cab Stealth Closet Grow Attempt #2

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Kole477, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Whats up GC, :wave:

So I'm starting my second indoor attempt to grow in a micro cabinet in my closet using CFL's and stuff bought at a local wal-mart or home depot/lowes.

Dimensions of the cab are roughly 24''Lx31''Hx11''D

Soil: Gardenscape Topsoil
    Seeds: Bagseed
    Ventilation: 80 CFM 4'' inline duct fan, 78CFM intake computer fan
    Ph: Unknown
    Temp:~81degrees
    Humidity:37%

They sprouted around 1/14 so they are a few days old.

Just realized I'm using the same soil as I did for my first grow and it gets really dry, crusty, and probably bad to use overall. Might pick some up at the store later if I go out.

Heres some pics

Attached Files:

2. Checked on them last night, one seemed to lean over a little but so i perked it back up with the soil and it seems ok now.

Watered them with 1 ounce of filtered tap water friday morning, and 1 ounce last night.

So far so good temps are staying down and they are growing nicely.

Pics are from last night

Attached Files:

3. Hey Kole, nice grow you have here, I'm a cab guy myself. That soil does look very heavy though. Maybe cutting it heavily with some perlite (like 1/1 or 1/2) would have been a good idea. Fox Farms is great is you can spend an arm and a leg, worth the money though. Lowes has good soil for like 5 dollars a bag, but i could never find it, only seen it online.
    Also you should try and get some ph stuff. I was watering with un ph-ed tap water and it turns out it was like 8.5. My harvests were pitiful, and plants generally very sad.

For sure subbed, keep it up!

4. Thanks pomangro im going to look into getting new soil and probably some ph test strips.

I'm getting a few spots on a few leaves, gonna see if i can find out what it is.

Havent watered them in a few days but they look a little droopy i can't tell if its over watered or under watered

heres some pics

Attached Files:

5. Whats up GC,

So i really haven't been doing much to help my plants (horrible, i know) but i've been kinda busy with a lot of stuff.

They are showing a lot of bad signs esp discoloration on the bottom leaves

going to do a bit of research to try and find out what the problem is, and then how to fix it

and eventually get my ass to the store to get some new soil + pots + ph test strips and whatnot

Onto the pictures

Attached Files:

6. just a noob myself here but it looks like your drowning those poor girls! but with the used soil they might just be un happy