Koan sound and possible "new area" of song writeing and composition skills!

Discussion in 'General' started by Caveman326, Mar 29, 2012.

1. This isnt completely related to music so i thought it should go in here. These guys and a few other producers are raising the bar when it comes to composition and songwriting. Are we headed for a new era in music these next 10-15 years? With all the possibilities in the new digital productions that are coming about, i think one would be safe to say:eek:, i meen look at this fucking guy and hes supposedly
    only 18!?
    Timemachine(Free Download) by John Denney on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free Ive been playing the guitar for 10 years and i CANT slap like that! Jesus, well any edm lovers who have an opinion on the future post up?

2. lol and nice tits in that tracks avatar ha

3. Koan Sound is on the line of being brostep yo

4. #4 Philosiraptor, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2012
    What are you smoking man? :confused:

Some of this synths sound like standard garageband synths.

5. [quote name='"Philosiraptor"']What are you smoking man? :confused:

Some of this synths sound like standard garageband synths.[/quote]

I guess I wast really in a position to judge properly...

Only heard Koan Sound remix a Kill The Noise Song..

6. #6 Caveman326, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2012
    hm, do you know anything about sound design and fm synthesis? hahaha im a mastering engineer and have worked in the industry for just about 7 years now, and i can tell you that this good production at its heart. He obviously designed each of these sounds to sound somewhat like a guitar(wah or not) The monster reece bass's ive never heard before(not in a koan sound nor in a skrillex track) and his composition on theory is second to none as i cant even tell what key this track is in as its useing such advanced theory techs everywhere key wise(probably Gminor). :hello: So if you think the synths sound like there from garage band PRESETS then he obviously did a good job sounding professional
    (as garage band synth patches are designed from the most notorious sound synthesis experts) LOL i hope this dood gets signed to OWSLA or someone big cuz this kind of production is rare these days in the underground scenes....... btw im smokin on BB cheese mofo:cool:

7. LMFAO wow mane, you must be one sorry pissed off lil man, that track is huge! Who is making serious tracks in garage band in the first place:eek:lol.... It instantly reminded me of like a futuristic daft punk mixed with koan sound the crossed with rusko:smoke:

8. i like what they're doing with the glitch beats, their newest album kinda reminds me of opiuo (and it WAS released on owlsa, so ya know)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdO6hNB0f1g&feature=related]KOAN Sound - Talk Box (Original Mix) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-HtzQ0Ve1w]Glitch Hop - Opiou - King Prawn [HQ] - YouTube[/ame]

similar, no?

9. ^ dood totally, i think there new stuff is basically arranged like any glitch hop track its just that they make there tracks more bass driven and have realistic sounding drum sampleing then what has formally been called "glitch hop"