knowing when buds are dry enough

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by budblower10, Sep 21, 2007.

1. hey all. i want to dry my buds the least I can but still have them smoke in a blunt or whatever. i like my bud to have a little more moisture to it as well, plus i want to maximize the yield i get by not totally drying them out. after drying, if i put them in a glass jar to cure, if the sides of the jar dont get condensation on them after the buds being in there for a few good hours, does that mean they are dry enough? last year i thought my buds were dry, put them to cure, only to find the sides of the glass jar had wetness on it - which meant to me that the buds werent dry enough. so my question is: if my curing jar doesnt have condensation on the sides after a few hours, should that tell me that the bud is dry enough to smoke? thanks alo

2. Don't be in such a hurry, the longer the cure, the better the smoke. I do the Jason King style, so I'm curing for 3-4 weeks, 2 months is better if you can hold out that long, but if cured correctly, the psychotropic effects will increase.

Wet bud is weak bud, the trick is to get it in the jars to finish before you lose all the moisture, then open your jars for about 15 - 30 minutes a day, every other day at least, to let it dry slowly.