Knowing (question)

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Dizzy, May 19, 2018.

1. Oh lol that does sound fun. what kind of instrument do you play?

I got some good news last night too my twin sis is coming through to visit me after I have the baby :yay:

~Toni~

2. Acoustic/electric guitar, although originally I was a 5-string banjo player. Nobody around any more to play with so I haven't touched it in years.

We had a great gang back in the '80s-early '90s, played somewhere once or twice a week, house parties occasionally on weekends, always a lot of beer and good people, half were just spectators who just enjoyed the music and booze.

Some couples got divorced, others moved out of the area, and several (who were "old" at the time) have since died. Oh well, lotsa great memories. Now I'm one of the "old" ones.

How far away is your sis?

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. #43 Praetorian, Jun 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    It's Jamaica Mon!
    If you can do without a few 1st world privileges, real estate and lifestyle is very cheap compared to even lower middle class American prices.

One of my retirement scenarios is going to the Caribbean and living out my last decade(s) 100% island style.

Unless the global situation seriously changes, a person can get far more bang for their buck down there, than anywhere in the 1st world.

I get high on my memories of Treasure Beach :smoke:

[​IMG]
    (sat in those chairs with 5+ drinks)

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. My best mate at a previous job was a JA dude named NIgel. We were both immigrants to the US, so we hit it off @ the shitty job we had. Lots of humor on the company's expense.

He's from Kingston as well, and we've been trying to organize a trip, where we meet up with another mate of ours and check out that side of the island.

I'm genuinely interested in seeing the underbelly of Kingston. I just don't want to die in the process :smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  5. well you are the coolest "old" person ever lol:thumbsup:

My sis lives in Niagra Falls New York. I don't see her as much as I would like so I'm happy she is going to visit me for a while.

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Well thanks, yer making me blush! [​IMG] You're pretty cool yourself. We need more people like you in the world. :geek:

Your sis lives in Niagara Falls??? Ha, that's about 90 miles from me. :D

• Friendly Friendly x 1

7. Thank you lol I try my best to be nice to everyone.

yep shes my twin lol her name is Tyra. That's cool tho have you ever been there?

~Toni~

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. You have an evil twin!?

Oh my god!!!

"Kept you waiting, huh?"

• Funny Funny x 1

9. ctfu :laughing: my sis is not evil tho she is much more shy than me even tho shes a few minutes older lol. we are completely different personalities.

~Toni~

10. Different personalities....

But you're so nice.. which can only mean..

SHE'S EVIL!!! OH MY GOD!!!

"Kept you waiting, huh?"

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Ha! :)

Having grown up near Rochester, NY, whenever out-of-state family or friends came to stay for a weekend or whatever, they all had to "go see the Falls." So our whole family and them would go there for a day (was about 80 miles away).

I have no idea how many times I've been there, but I know I have NOT been there since '73 or '74. :(

My oldest sister went there on her honeymoon, as do many people around here who live so close to it.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Lol thanks for the compliment azza :)

Nice man! do you have a lot of siblings? I have 2 sisters and 2 brothers. yea my twin has lived there for six years and has a family over there. I've seen the Falls they are beautiful as well..:thumbsup:

~Toni~

• Like Like x 2
  13. I liked this movie, saw it not too long ago. Definitely a sad ending.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I have two older sisters. :D

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Speaking of my sisters, my oldest is going to be a GREAT grandmother in August.

Eh, and time marches on.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. Won't that make you a Great Uncle?
    Congrats.

:smoke:

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Eh, I wish.

I was a great-uncle first in 1987. My sis's granddaughter (DOB 1990) who is expecting in August is my great-niece, so her baby will be my great-great XX. :(

But, none of us has any control over the clock -- so it is what it is. Thanks for the "congrats." :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1

19. Do your sis get high with you as well?

~Toni~

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Haha, no Toni, not quite, but she loves her wine even at 77. She is very old school and is married (57 years) to a retired cop. :eek2:

• Informative Informative x 1