Know your knife laws!

Discussion in 'General' started by mushroomsatsuji, Oct 28, 2009.

1. In light of recent events in my life, I feel that the GC community needs to know this.

After my knife was taken, many people have referenced the 'palm law'. Its where you take the knife and if its bigger than your palm, its illegal. This is bullshit. The officer that pulled me over tried to pull this crap. DO NOT BELIEVE IT

If you are in the US and carry a knife, please check your state laws

KNIFE LAWS of the 50 STATES - Introduction and LINKS

2. good link, thanks

3. yeah let's ban shurikens cause if those are legal all the criminals are going to start using those instead of guns and knives!:rolleyes:....fucking retarded nanny state (California). Over-protective mommy rules...

4. I understand that if you wear your knife in a sheath on your beltbuckle in plain view, it isn't considered a concealed weapon and it's completely legal. That's pretty cool I might start doing it

5. I've got a giant knife I keep right next to my bed, sometimes i bring it with me if i'm going somewhere sketch or to the woods, it's got a holster too :D

but yeah apparently knives over 2 inches long are considered weapons here, but common it's SC, they're not gonna give a shit...

6. i dddnt like the link
    it diddnt tell me what i wanted to learn

7. u prly diddnt spell it right

8. benchmade, microtech, dalton, severtech, bladeforums...:wave:

9. Drop your knife, buy a handgun. When it comes to self defense, a knife isn't to useful, a gun really evens the playing field, also you can get non lethal rounds, just throw 1 or 2 of em in the top, and the rest of the bullets the most lethal you can buy. If they don't get the hint after being shot twice with a rubber bullet or other non lethal round, then it's clearly a case of self defense if you kill them.

10. [quote name='KundaliniRising']Drop your knife, buy a handgun. When it comes to self defense, a knife isn't to useful, a gun really evens the playing field, also you can get non lethal rounds, just throw 1 or 2 of em in the top, and the rest of the bullets the most lethal you can buy. If they don't get the hint after being shot twice with a rubber bullet or other non lethal round, then it's clearly a case of self defense if you kill them.[/QUOTE]

i have never really been a fan of gun possession just because of how extreme it is... i mean yes protecting your family is important but there are better ways such as non-lethal rounds, you dont need a fucking crazy ass powerful gun for home defense.... but there are gun collectors and well powerful guns comes with the territory so hey i have no problem with guns as long as ther registered and legal.... i like the people who think obama is gonna ban guns so now they are all buying illegal guns and not registering them and shit and their breaking the law...

11. lol
    im fucking high as shit
    didn't you notice the first "didn't" had 3 d's in it?