know nothing about shrooms

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by taddcf95, May 11, 2009.

1. so i was walking around my town the other day. and found some mushrooms. gold caps..but they didnt have tht white stem from all the other shrooms ive seen on grass city..are these capable to give me trips?:confused:

2. pic them, take picutres, and go to shroomery.org
    first, bruise them. If they dont turn blue, throw them out.

3. ya the stems mostly dont mean shit:bongin:

4. how do i bruise them?

5. squish a little part, or cut it or just w.e You know what a bruise is? Do that to them and wait 13min

6. alright. im going to wait until friday..maybe they will grow more. they r still kinda tall. but any kind of mushroom i find growing. i can pick and pinch them and wait a little while and if they turn blue i can eat them and get high?

7. push your thumb on it hard

8. You should be very careful when picking your own mushrooms. Contrary to popular belief, psylocybin mushrooms are not food poisoning. Mushrooms that grow outside can contain poisons and toxins, and unless you are a mycologist I would not reccomend picking your own.

The best ones grow wild in remote areas of the world, anyways.

9. so i shouldnt go pick them!?

10. no, no, no. You don't get high off mushrooms. You trip. Its not like any other drug. If you aren't prepared to go insane for 6-8 hours (it is VERY mentally taxing), you are going to have a bad trip and live in a nightmare/horror movie.

Research it some more, it sounds like you are on your way to having a terrible experience. Erowid.com and Shroomery - Magic Mushrooms (Shrooms) Demystified are great places to start.

11. alright. is there any possible way to tell if they contain toxins?

12. i dont think there is

13. So what are the odds of finding magic shrooms, like seriously. I see threads like this all the fucking time, and they never turn out to be the fun kind.

14. alright. well. fuck this. next time i got the chance/ im gunna go pick allthsoe little fuckers and pinch the hell out of them =) im really excited

15. lol they could kill you so watch out for what ones you pick

16. Yeah, chromatography. But I don't think you have a million dollars worth of lab equipment, so I would stick to ones you buy from a dealer or grow yourself.

The most popular mushroom out there is called psylocybe cubensia.

Mycena are very strange organisms. There are thousands of varieties. Some go great in salads, some make you piss blood and die. Its not something you should gamble with unless you have experience. If you don't have experience, read a book on them. Just don't find some mushrooms under a pile of wet leaves that have a brown/gold cap (many species have this color) and think they will get you fucked up.

Mushrooms are nothing like being stoned or drunk. You can control yourself on those drugs. With mushrooms there is a possibility you will hurt yourself, others, or end up in a jail or psych ward. Hallucinogenics can be very dangerous and you should understand their effects and respect them before you try them. Please don't just eat them on a whim. You will probably have a horrible time and you can open up so many new doors if you do it right.

A member named barnkis has a thread that should be on the first or second page of Pandora's Box that is all about tripping and how to do it enjoyable (and productively, if you so choose).

17. if they turn blue that doesnt always mean they contain psilocybin. you need to take pics, make a spore print, etc... its a big deal. DONT EAT THEM until you post on here or shroomery.org

18. Many species of mushrooms (including the ones that can kill you) bruise. Cubensis mushrooms can bruise and die just from being lightly prodded.

Mushroom poisoning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

19. alright. ill definitly take pics..but all ive got is my cell phone camera. hopefuly tht will work.

20. i would throw them out dont try them just go buy some or grow your own