Know CBD so you can save yourself and your loveduns

Discussion in 'General' started by TheCruz831, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Well, it was extremely depressing to read so much misinformation in that thread about CBD. I think everyone deserves to know that they have a miracle in their nugs.

HEMP PRODUCTS THAT CLAIM SIGNIFICANT CBD LEVELS ARE SCAMS, indeed. That's because industrial hemp has very low levels of it, and CBD itself is a schedule 2 drug (or whatever schedule, despite the fact that it is the god damn miracle molecule, and non-psychoactive), so selling it in a headshop would be illegal. I don't know how claiming to have it isn't, but that's just bullshit capitalism.

Without a little bit of THC, CBD is much less effective. Different ratios are better for different conditions, but in general a 2:1 or 3:1 CBD:THC is ideal.

CBD IS THE MOST IMPORTANT CANNABINOID IN MEDICINAL POT. All you have to do is Google search "CBD". I get these local tubes here in Cali called Veda Balm, same company as the high-CBD Veda Chews (which are fucking delicious, contrary to cheebas which tend to make me wanna throw up). If I have a headache, stomach ache, sore muscles, bruising, cuts, swelling, whatever, I rub some Veda balm on it and the pain is literally gone within about ten seconds. It's seriously the trippiest thing ever.
    Besides being the most intensive pain relieving cannabinoid, it also reduces swelling and inflammation, has antibacterial properties, it's the main anti-cancer cannabinoid in pot, and has even more extremely beneficial properties, far too many for myself to remember.

To summarize CBD for unwitting audiences, I usually put it like this: CBD is the miracle molecule.

2. I could use some of that veda balm when I get headaches from my wisdom teeth. I have a friend who trys to make tintures for stuff like that but nothing like what you described. That's awesome.

3. And yes I've seen those scams before. My lhs sells vape juice that has "cbd". I'm in nc too. Im calling them out next time I go up there.

4. You absolutely should, although they likely won't do anything because headshops are, in my experience at least, extremely shady and greedy. And it's an unregulated business for the most part, just like when you get melatonin at the store and it says "not fda regulated".
    It claims to have 5mg of melatonin in each pill, but from what I've read A) 5mg is an incredibly high and unhealthy/unnatural dose and B) the pills and bottles actually totally vary, and there's no repercussions for the company because it's not regulated.
    The anecdote is just to exemplify what the lack of regulation can mean for the consumer.
    http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/03/11/fda-brings-down-hammer-on-cbd-companies
    ^this article describes how the FDA shut down seven bullshit "CBD" companies

5. CBD is legal in NC, so wouldn't that make a difference in what is sold in head shops in the state

6. #6 TheCruz831, Aug 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2015
    Double post

7. It's illegal under federal law, which trumps state law. It seems like the Feds are much more intent on destroying grows and shutting down dispensaries (in certain areas) than regulating head shops. Totally fucked up in every sense, but hey, that's the Feds for ya.

Edit: it turns out CBD from hemp is indeed legal by state law in 15 of the 50, so those headshops are still illegal federally and could be persecuted by Feds but not by state police. Regardless, CBD extracted from hemp is in extremely low concentration and has next to no constituent cannabinoids with which to work symbiotically.

8. That's not what's happening though...

Its not even happening in weed legal states...

Show one place in NC that has been shut down by the fed over CBD production

9. That's what I said, it seems like they have bigger fish on their plate, like shutting down grow ops. The article I used as an example was just to show that the Feds have that power despite the state legality. On a more pertinent note, marijuana is still illegal federally, even medicinally, so the Feds can come in and shut dispensaries down at their own whim. They don't do so (at least hardly ever) in northern cali, the Bay Area through monterey at least.

To reiterate, in those fifteen states where CBD from industrial hemp is legal, those headshops' sales of hemp CBD products are legit by state law. But regardless, industrial hemp has next to no levels of CBD nor any other cannabinoid, so these products may be generally good for you but not even close to comparable to a high-CBD medicinal marijuana product, with its constituent cannabinoids like THC, which exponentiate the benefits of CBD.

10. It's also got anti-psychotic properties, which makes it a very useful cannabinoid for people with high anxiety and/or schizophrenic symptoms.