Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Knife hits?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by PHX 623, May 3, 2009.

1. #1 PHX 623, May 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2009
    just wondering who here has done a knife hit? i did one for the first time last night and i got a lot more baked than usual. i highly recommend knife hits if you have a propane torch and a butterknife handy!!

2. what exactly is a knife hit? i assume heating the bottom of a knife with buds on the top or something along those lines??

3. i think tht u jst heat up the butter knife and then stick it to the buds like in a normal bowl or bong.butane is bad for you so thts why

4. Its taking two knives and heating them up. When they are nice and hot you sandwich bud or hash in between the two knives and you smoke whatever comes out in whatever method you choose.
    Yeah i smoked like this before. I liked it a lot, its different from the other highs.

5. how would the manor you light the buds affect the high? does it have a sort of vaporizer effect? and what methods would you even use to inhale the smoke, straw:confused:

6. I think it is basically the same as a vaporizer effect. You're not torching the weed, you're just heating it up enough to activate the THC (although with hot knifes, your temperature is going to vary a lot more than with a real vaporizer, and so you probably also inhale more chemicals.)

To inhale, just cut off the bottom of a two liter and hold it in your mouth. Anything that is funnel-like willl work though. You're basically just making an exhaust hood that empties into your lungs. :D

7. haha well that makes sense then i never thought of inhaling that way, is this the same as people referring to spoon hits or something spoon? i can't remember i saw something about spoons last night haha:smoking::smoking:

8. sounds ghetto

9. ive tried a few times but i feel like i always do it wrong and waste weed...too much work to be worth it

10. As gross as this might sound, knife hits are good for resin. Just roll up a res ball the size of a airsoft pellet or pea and put them between the knives and inhale.

I think its better than trying to torch it through your bowl. But these technics are only for desperate times please. haha

11. My first knife hit had me high all day :smoking:

12. Knife hits work best with hash, but I've done it a few times with really sticky bud.

13. sorry let me clarify.. you load a bowl in your bong or whatever is your favorite tool.. then get a blowtorch if you have one and just a standard kitchen butterknife.. hold the blowtorch on the tip of the knife until it gets reallllly hot (the tip will turn bright orangish redish). once its hot enough, turn the torch off for safety reasons haha, then put the hot tip in your bowl and take a hit like you normally would with a lighter. it got me alot higher for alot longer! i dont know if the thc is being burned at a higher temperature or what but you should try it if you like tasting your bud instead of nasty butane shit.

14. finally a good explanation, i might have to try that that does sound interesting, why not thanks for the explanation

15. well a traditional knife hit is when you press two hot knives together with hash inbetween. what you did was what some people do with soldiering irons, or something called a (glow tube?) which is basicly a long glass pointer thing which you heat up and stick into your bud, really is a nice way to smoke.

16. The real way of doing knife hits - what we call 'spots' or 'dots' here in NZ - is to heat up a couple of knives on a stove. Not red hot, that's too hot and you'll just burn the bud. Takes a bit of practice to be able to see the right temperature. Anyway you roll up a few dots of bud (hence the name), take the knives, and with one of the knives you push down on the spot so it sticks to the knife; then you get the other knife, and sandwich the bud in between. It takes a bit of practice to get it right, you gotta kinda move the knives around, squeezing the bud so you get all the smoke. And yeah, you just get a bottle with the bottom cut out, or whatever you want to use.

They tend you get you pretty fucked up, for some reason. Don't really waste any bud. Although lots of people do it with knives that are red hot - too hot - and the smoke becomes really harsh. You get used to it though, and can take pretty huge hits from them

17. yeah your exactly right but i didnt have one so i used a knife:rolleyes:

18. Yep! This is how we did knife hits.

It's a really efficient way of smoking... you don't waste ANY hash at all.

19. i think its normally called hot kniving. and i thought its usually with honey oil, i didnt even think about doing it with bud! worth a try though

20. yea my first knife hit was with a small ball of hash a friend had, i never really did it again tho lol