KNF ~~~ The Rabbit Hole thread :)

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by falconfalcon31, Dec 7, 2019.

1. When we make other FFJ's, like banana for example. We do chop them up. I didn't try to break the skins on the blueberries either. When I let my mixture drain through a paint strainer most of the blueberries were still whole. Not sure if that helps you or if it was done correctly. Not enough information out there on specific fruits. I'll post results in OS's thread of Autoflowers.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ok thanks eh, I have a feeling I might need to break the skin for these. I also didn't take into consideration the weight of the pit and might have used to much sugar, I went 1:1.

I'll let everyone know how it goes and if I need to try again next week

• Like Like x 2
  3. Yeah, I agree with the weight of the pit. Not much flesh on a chokecherry.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Things are happening in my choke cherry FFJ
    1596474842311.jpg

Still unsure if to much sugar was added, as you can see the undisolved layer of sugar at the bottom of the jar but it looks like there's activity so maybe it's fine... time will tell its only day 2

Sent from my SM-A530W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  5. I just started a jar of Peach FFJ, my sister grows strictly organic. I pitted them and crushed them while mixing with the brown sugar. This was started yesterday. Maybe @falconfalcon31 can weigh in on crushing those choke cherries and remixing or leaving them be. The foaming action may be from wild yeasts present on the fruits surface. I got some with my wild blueberry FFJ. 20200803_145046.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. This will be my first attempt at IMO3. It is made using wheat bran from our local feed store, they didn't have mids. I followed Chris Trumps recipe.There are some willow leaves in it as it was built under a willow tree. 20200811_194011.jpg

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Any plant in veg state that's not toxic - it is a funny time to find stuff but I'm sure you can - even a fpj of sprouts can do in a pinch. Just make sure to identify any plant you use to make sure it isn't toxic.

• Like Like x 2
  8. It is best to chop fruit at least in half -but it will probably still work.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Looks great - next time try to do 3 fruits - in FFJ we try to mix 3 - in FPJ we do species singly. It will still be awesome.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Green house tour ~~~ :) I'm stoked - pure fire herb -smoking a spliff of it as I write this ...:)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. For human consumption rates what would you recommend?

I've took a taste of the ffj, it tastes like cherry syrup

• Like Like x 2
  12. I have grape vines im planning on making the veg fpj out of the newest growths, they grow like a bastard and are definitely not toxic as my wife makes a dish out of the leaves (like a cabbage roll but with grape leafs)

• Like Like x 2
  13. #453 TimJ, Aug 14, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    I thought this was cool with all the santa's beard growth in one day. So I shared it.. 20200813_181624.jpg 20200813_181634.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Hi everyone, I’m a first time grower, but already amateur gardener (been doing my backyard for a couple years).
    So, I’d like to go natural growing using organic composting. I know it takes quite a lot time and requiers extra attention, but since I work from home (till the end of this goddamn year), I guess I can pay the needed attention to my plant.
    The question is mostly about compost, cause I’ve never worked with it before.
    I’ve been reeding some articles about growing natural, asked a few friend about the experience. My buddy told me, that it’s easier to use a compost tumbler. And I dont know which one to choose. Should I buy it at all? I’m not quite shure, I’ll need it later if my little experinet fails (hope it wont)
    I’m choosing between these models. Any opinions?

The next thing is - do I need a small greenhouse? (for outdoor growing) I’m kinda afraid of the weather changes.
    Also, if you have any recomendations on additional stuff to ease the growing process, you are welcome to reply.

sorry, if I sound stupid or whatsoever, I’m just tryin’ to avoid some beginners mistakes

cheers

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 3
  15. #456 Automagics, Aug 23, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
    Grape leaf fpj

1598216442148.jpg

Made with the proper amount of sugar this time.

I know with grape ffj you should only use on grapes, I hope that isn't the case for a grape leaf fpj

Sent from my SM-A530W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  16. I have a old batch of kombucha that was forgotten about, I'm sure its turned to vinegar. Would I be able to sub this for BRV or should I just take my left overs from my fpj to make the vinegar?

• Like Like x 2
  17. I'm not the expert here. But, I believe what we are looking for in a vinegar is one with live active cultures. I use Braggs Organic apple cider vinegar "with the mother" as it's easy to get.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. It's a batch of homemade kombucha that I never put in the fridge. It has a mother scoby. It usually ferments a week or so on the counter then in add fruit juice and ferment again for 3 or so days then to the fridge until drank.

This one has been untouched and has definitely turned to vinegar, probably has been sitting for a year, I've added sweet tea now and then to feed the mother.

Anyways its definitely alive so I was wondering if it fit the bill

• Like Like x 2
  19. Sounds like another fun hobby. I drink GT'S Kombucha. Maybe @falconfalcon31 can respond better to your question. I'm not sure and don't want to misguide you.

• Like Like x 2