KNF ~~~ The Rabbit Hole thread :)

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by falconfalcon31, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Man that is some frosty stuff. Couldn't agree more about auto flowers, they have come a long way since I grew them out last 5 plus years ago. My last run had a few mephisto strains that were very impressive and just got done with a fast buds gorilla glue and LSD breeding project. Both the mom and reversed dads sister were just beautiful. This is a picture of my 1st homemade lsd /gg cross growing under the canopy in my no till bed. Won't produce anything as it is in the shade I just wanted to make sure it was viable and female so great success there. 20200708_124304.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Thanks again my friend. I will give your recipe a try next time I go fishing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Use equal weight - sugar and fish - massage it good and pack tight - have 1/3 airspace - I do a sealed lid but a airlock is ok too. A plastic bucket will release pressure when it gets too great anyway ..I go in and stir mine once a month or so and push stuff back in - use food grade waste - fresh and good enough to eat if you were brave enough. ~~. Using a bucket with a layer of cleaned rocks on bottom and then a layer of screen material and put a spigot on bottom then you have FAA on tap ..... :) Next time I make a batch I'm making a unit like that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. So took the daughter fishing and as consequence got 2 Brown trout heads skins and basically everything save the filets in a jar with equal parts Brown sugar. Mixed real well and it has been in there for about 5 days now. Is it the same idea as FPJ in that give it a few more days strain and done? Should I add LAB to it? 20200716_134817.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  5. I added a few teaspoons to mine. But, I used a different recipe for fish hydrolysate. I had 1 part of chopped fish to 3 parts water then added the same weight in sugar as my weight in fish. Plus 2 teaspoons of Lacto. Mine turned out great, zero fish smell. Oddly, I can't stop smelling it. It actually smells like a good ferment.

• Like Like x 2
  6. I appreciate it.. How long did you let it ferment and is there reason to not let it sit a while?

• Like Like x 3
  7. Mine is 14 days old today. I stirred it a few times. I cannot see any bones or scales anymore. I used, 7 small perch, 1 sunfish and 1 bullhead. I chopped them into 1/2 inch or smaller pieces. I'll filter mine when it reaches 3 weeks.

Edit. Your making Fish Amino Acid. Your process is different than mine.

• Like Like x 2
  8. thanks as always. What is the difference with the hydrolysate?
    In end result for the plant i mean

• Like Like x 2
  9. I believe falconfalcon31 can answer that better. But, from what I understand FAA is stronger and may offer some different benefits than Fish hydrolysate. With the little bit of fish I had it seemed to make more sense to make Fish hydrolysate for my first round.

• Like Like x 3
  10. let it go at least 6 mos (1 year is prime ) for best results -but I know one fellow who uses it from 2 weeks on. I add nothing to mine - after 1 year I strain and then add LAB back to the solids left and let it go again.
    In the beginning its a good idea to make 2-3 batches the first year.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  11. Well for one if done right its edible. You can't eat FH.....heheheh THe KNF process makes a lot of amino acids available - I am not 100% sure of the differences -but I can ask Eric the next time we talk - he's the scientist !! :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. So after alot of reading and watching videos im ready to jump in and make some ferments.
    Here's my plan.

For flowering stage im thinking of a FFJ made of choke cherries and a FPJ of some species of wild flower that is everywhere on my property

For the transition into flower stage a FFJ of unripe choke cherries and some wildflowers that aren't quite flowering yet

If I can catch some fish im planning a FAA as well,probably made from small mouth bass or catfish we'll see what I can pull up.

Im having trouble finding a plant for the veg stage, this time of year everything seems to be flowering or just about flowering. Do you his have any suggestions on a plant for this stage ?

Thanks everyone eh, stuffs starting to get exciting on my end :love-m3j:

• Like Like x 2
  13. A good plant for vegetative growth is the Mugwort plant. Mugwort - Wikipedia... Or Stinging Nettles. But, you may have passed the window for that one.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thanks, I'll keep my eyes open for some nettles that aren't flowering.
    I have some sort of vine growing up our barn, it grows pretty vigorously. Would that be worth considering for a veg fpj?

I'm also thinking of just rehydrating some alfalfa and making one like the one shown earlier in the thread, just seeing if I can find fresh inputs first

• Like Like x 2
  15. I made this on 7/14/20 for a few Red Poison auto flowers I have going. They haven't hit flower yet. They received one dose so far. Blueberry FFJ. 20200714_160627.jpg 20200731_132204.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. I'd stay away from vines myself. Leaves of 3, let it be. Poison IVY is painfully itchy if your allergic to it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. We rip them down every year by hand so I know im ok there but I was able to find young nettles growing up in the garden I'll use them
    Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  18. That's cool to see as I'll be growing out a red poison this coming grow. And its blueberry season here as well would be very quick to do.

How long do you think will that amount of FPJ last you?

• Like Like x 2
  19. Got 2 done today

Wildflower FPJ
    1596285933082.jpg

Choke cherries FFJ
    1596286128808.jpg

Not sure if I should have broke the skin on choke cherries abit so the sugar can draw out the juices but I left them be, we'll see if itll work

Sent from my SM-A530W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  20. I'll apply once a week. At 4 ml per gallon of water, 1:1000. My plants get 1/2 gallon each watering. That small jar holds 59 doses.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1