KNF ~~~ The Rabbit Hole thread :)

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by falconfalcon31, Dec 7, 2019.

1. #381 Patricia Clemons, May 25, 2020
    Last edited: May 25, 2020
    My fpj seems nice. Will test

My lab I waited one day too long and it got a little sour. But I had so much rice to eat I figured I'd try anyway!

Now it smells like spoiled milk, not sure if it's useable.. IMG_20200525_114832.jpg IMG_20200525_114902.jpg

Well the fpj has the slightest alcohol scent.. guess that's what happens when I was busy a bajillion hours this weekend. Wonder if it'll make a plant thrive or toxic die

Dumped the lab
    Will probably make more when I eat the rice

• Like Like x 2
  2. I'm no expert. But. my lab also smells like spoiled milk. I believe that is should. I did leave one quart of my LAB out on the kitchen shelf and it turned to alcohol. I use it as drain cleaner. I normally store everything in my fridge. I don't use the volume most people do. And don't like throwing stuff out.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Thats what the lab is supposed to do. You pull the serum out of the middle layer and move on to next step. Worms love the cheese
    Fpj will always have slight alcohol scent but not overpowering

Sent from my SM-N975U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Well darn. Thanks

• Like Like x 3
  5. Giving the FPJ using Nettles another try this morning. I did get out there right as the sun came up. We have 3 bears in the area and the Nettles are in their turf. Didn't want to push my luck. 1-3/4 lb. batch this time around. Last batch made a full quart. This should be close. I noticed more liquid right after mixing this one.The lid is just an note pad. I covered it with cheesecloth. 20200526_062742.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Alright, hand me that growler of kool aid, I’m ready for a swig!:lmafoe:
    I’ve got a sea of dandelions and other weeds coming up right now. Think I’ll try an FPJ with the new shoots and an FFJ with the flowers.
    1/3 brown sugar : 2/3 shoots for the FPJ
    1:1 flowers for the FFJ
    Mix contents together well until all surfaces are covered and stat sting to sweat, cover , mid 70s, 6 days or so.
    Sound close or am I missing something?

• Like Like x 1
  7. I believe you have the proportions backwards. Less sugar for FFJ as they contain more natural sugars. 1 to 1 is for FPJ from what I've read. I picked my first batch of nettles in the evening. I'm told this is wrong. I will run a test with two purchased nursery plants using both versions I made to see what difference it makes if any.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Oops, yeah... that’s what I meant :wacko:
    Less sugar in the fruit, I got it. just picked a jar of dandelion flowers early this morning!

• Like Like x 3
  9. 20200606_174701.jpg As some of you may know I'm new to KNF. I made my first batch of FPJ by gathering my nettles in the PM. I'm told this is not correct. Therefore I made a new batch gathering my nettles in the AM. I just purchased these two Geraniums last night. They were transplanted in 5 gallon pots of the basic no till soil mix. This mix is two years old now. I will be feeding one with the AM collected FPJ and one with the PM collected FPJ. I'll feed weekly starting with 1/1000 then 1/800 and finally 1/500 for the rest of the year. Just curious how much of a difference it will actually make.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Well, I did make that dandelion FFJ. I’m in the trial and error phase here, so any advice is appreciated.
    I mixed the flowers collected at first light 1:1 by weight with brown sugar.
    Put this in a plastic jar that had coconut oil in it previously. I didn’t use glass, is it still worth using?
    It sat for 10 days, not 6 or 7.
    Strained it off, but squeezed the juice out of the remaining plant material. I read that is bad.
    I ended up with about a cup or so of liquid. I haven’t added the extra sugar yet, but I’m planning on using it right away. That is unless I’ve messed it up and should start over. I made a small batch on purpose to figure it out, os if it’s no good let me know and I’ll get a new batch going. I just picked a bunch more this morning and I want to get another batch going ASAP.
    Thanks for the help!:metal:

• Like Like x 1
  11. It will work, but probably not the best you can do. Following all the guidelines is key - heres a video for you : Please like and share if it helps you :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. New video drop on replicating the humus layer of nature in our container or garden grows ~ also show how I transplant and put it all together.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Maybe someone here can clear something up for me.
    I’m having a discussion with a die hard no till guru regarding the benefits of KNF in large living soil planters. I have previously been relying on topdress and the occasional tea to keep things in line, but certain aspects of KNF like the FFJ and FPJ sound intriguing to me ( I’m always up to trying new methods).
    So, here’s the question I have...
    Say I have a mountain of dandelions (I do). I take a handful and mash them up and bubble them in a five gallon bucket of water for a few days, strain and use as a drench like a tea.
    Or, I take those dandelions and ferment them for a week, strain, and then dilute that down to 1-2 ml per gallon of water and use that as a drench.
    So, what is the difference in the final product in terms of what it does for the plant. I realize that teas are aerobic and fermented juices are anaerobic, but in terms of how the different methods process the material and what is then available to the plant, what’s the difference?
    How similar is an SST vs a FFJ?

• Like Like x 1
  14. All the things you mention are just totally different. For one no matter what you're doing you also need mulch and I like companion planting or cover cropping something too. To make FPJ/FFJ is like baking bread, its a recipe that needs you to follow it exactly ( Alchemy !!! :) - while brewing a tea is a bit more forgiving to get a great result. I think its adapting KNF at first at least into what you are doing. FPJ is amazing if done correct- for You and your plants. Check out my Youtube channel for FPJ video on how to make. You dilute it 1;1000 for foliar and 1:500 in soil (less if in containers on soil drench - go 1:1000 or more ! )

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ok...
    Let me ask that another way.
    What am I getting with FFJ that I’m not getting in an SST? What is in it as opposed to a tea that makes it so good that I need to go through all the hassle of making it?
    Teas are pretty simple :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  16. Sst's are only the growth hormones from the tail shoots. Ffjs are ferments of ripened fruits or leaves of biodynamic accumulators that have picked up extra nutrients that the growth hormones from seed alone can't provide

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  17. Hmmm... ok.
    So when I make a tea out of the dandelion flowers that I picked at dawn and then made an FPJ out of the same batch, is there going to be a difference in the nutrients and hormones that are in the finished product? Does the ferment change the chemistry around at all?

Sorry, I’m not trying to be a PITA... just curious!;)

• Like Like x 2
  18. I'm making OHN right now @JMcGD. Just for an example of the inaccuracy of information on KNF methods. Chris Trumps recipe is different than Drakes at PureKNF and they are both different than the University of Hawaii at Manoa. So,who do we trust is correct and why?

• Like Like x 2
  19. I dont think its a difference in chemistry but a higher dose...I imagine the ferment would be stronger due to osmosis actually pulling everything out of the leaves and leaving it in a concentrated form. I think the benefit of fpj's is the quick ability to use it whenever you want, instead of waiting three days or a week whatever for the tea to have enough strength.

• Like Like x 1