kmart sucks

Discussion in 'General' started by Spazztic2003, Mar 3, 2010.

1. #1 Spazztic2003, Mar 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2010
    i've been working receiving there for about seven months now and my managers are starting to kill me. my human resources supervisor chewed me out today for taking lunches rather than fifteen minute breaks. our shifts are six hours each and michigan state laws require the choice between the type of break you want. so my HR told me that my department was no longer allowed to take lunches. i am calling the business ethics hotline tomorrow and reporting this.

first of all, not only is this illegal, it's a stupid argument to make. she claims we don't get the trucks done fast enough, when yet it's our SOLE purpose of coming to work and we STILL get the trucks done EVERY time. every time we come to work, there's always some new rule, be it everyone having to wear a back brace now or wearing a uniform that we have to buy from our own pockets, etcetera. soon music won't be allowed on the truck and neither will talking.

my managers always single me out of everyone else in my department. there's only five of us that work receiving in the store, and we all hate our job. we work the same days, same hours, and always wonder how much the store would hurt if we all walked out at the same time and didn't come back.

for some-odd reason, i always have less hours than everyone else i work with. i'm an efficient worker, just as much as everyone else. i have days where i can quickly unload, or we switch and i scan&price items, etc. it's dumb because our job is impossible to suck at, yet when i always see crummy hours, i'm led to believe i'm doing something wrong, when even my coworkers disagree. the store is tight on money, which is understandable, but instead of taking it out on me, they should be giving other people less hours and balance it out to make it reasonable.

pardon my rant- i've just had a terrible day and feel that i won't have a job here soon. my managers can tell that i've had close to enough of the place and won't want me to be sticking around to be creating potential legal issues. i'm praying i can get my job back at home depot for a little while and make my way from there.

at this point, i'd even go back to fast food if i had to. it was better than this crappy job. i hope kmart chokes and goes under.

how about anyone else? any incredibly terribad working experiences too?