Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

klonopin and stomach ulcers

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by ninety, Nov 23, 2007.

1. in the past couple of months i had been taking kpins usually about 2 or 3 when i would take them, i would also consume a small amount of alcohol (maybe 2 to 3 beers) after taking them, recently my stomach has been always in pain especially after eating and just in general, i went to the dr and they just recomended taking prilosec otc but that was a month ago and ive had no results, i heard somewhere that klonopins were known to cause ulcers, does anyone know if this is true or not?

2. This is in the wrong forum... but I have experience on the matter. Everyone is different, some people can drink all day long and not have stomach issues. Other like us, are probably extremely sensitive to alcohol and pill consumption. I take klonopin everyday for anxiety, and also have stomach problems. I would suggest talking to your physician about protonix, a prescription antacid, it helped me a lot.

3. want to mail me some klonnies :)

4. Ulcers will be the least of your problems if you keep popping clonazepam

A friend of mine overdosed on like 20 of those things and beat the fuck out of his girlfriend shortly afterwards. I saw him like 4 days after the incident occured and his mind was fucking warped. It was like he just came out of a meth addiction.

Anyway, I dont think klonopins give you ulcers.. I know painkillers with codeine in them will, but antidepressants I'm not sure.

5. Klonopin is not an antidepressant, in fact, it is a sedative that supresses your brain waves. It is a benzodiazepam that is used to treat seizure disorders and panic attacks.

Source: http://www.webmd.com

This should help you some.

PS- That took me like 20 minutes to write cause i just took 4 1mg klonopins for the first time in like 9 months. TTTRRRAAASSSHHHEEDDD...

• Like Like x 1
  6. I was going to say that earlier.. you guys must be going to a retarded doctor if hes prescribing you that for any sort of minor depression the only kind i would think that would help is if your going crazy wanting to kill ur self but you need to be sedated,

7. Klonopin is not something I would mess around with. When I was in high school, everyone in my school was taking them. It finally stopped when some girl OD'd and 10 people got expelled.
    The whole school was zombie land. Literally. It was fucking creepy.

8. I'm gonna have to disagree. Klonopin can really be effective in helping with anxiety problems. They did for me.

9. In a Sedative type of way. It doesnt work to control anxiety it just sedates those crazy mother fuckers who need to be chilled out, but it would also help your problem.

10. I said mess around. If you need it, then take as much as you want. But if your a 16 year old taking 4 with some shots, well, it's not something I would do. That's all I have to say.

11. Dude, just stop taking them. K-ppins arent really worth it, IMO.

Or maybe take some of the smaller doses and drink a lil' on top of em'. Don't know how that would be in your situation though.

But if your getting the full green ones, try getting some of the like half doses, I think yellow or peach are the half sizes? please correct me if I'm wrong.

12. Cool, gotcha.

13. My friends girlfriend had a prescription to these for anxiety, I used to buy them off her and pop them with a tall can, that was until I saw above mentioned friend walk into a Vons all fucked up knocking shit over and pushing people over cause he couldn't even stand up, lol.