KISS Method - need some advice

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Bigjim5, Jan 22, 2023.

1. I have a teen which I purchased about 10 days ago. When I got it, it was nice and dark green. It's about 50/50 perlite and coco.
    I started with the KISS method (maxibloom and cal mag only) and I am getting some yellowing of the leaves - nothing horrible but still concerning. I am using 1 teaspoon of maxibloom, 1 teaspoon of cal mag and some silica stuff (added first). I ph around 6.0. I get about 30% runoff when watering and the runoff is at 6.4 ph.
    Any suggestions?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. what kind of water are you using? do you have a ppm meter?

3. tap water which is about 90 PPM. I need to re calibrate my TDS meter.

4. How often are you feeding?
    What size pots?
    I've been growing with MaxiBloom for decades and I never have to use more than 1/2 tsp.

5. Hey Mick, I was inspired by your post about 4 years ago and loved the simplicity of it.
    To answer your questions they are still in plastic 1 gallon pots which is how I got them 10 day ago. I am feeding once a day with about 30% runoff.

6. I'm no expert at diagnosing plant problems..........sorry.
    Personally, I would run a weak nute solution through it........maybe a couple of gallons.
    I have never needed a calmag supplement...........maxibloom has plenty and you're using tap water.
    I would eliminate it, cut my nutes to 1/2 tsp. and continue feeding daily to run off.
    You also might consider transplanting.
    Good luck.

7. I will give that a try. I did read that you successfully tinkered with the amount of MB you used and dialed it to almost 1/2 as you suggest. I also need to transplant it into some fabric pots too.
    Thanks Mick!

• Like Like x 1
  8. 6.0 is a bit high for veg in coco, 5.7 is what most folks run for veg. Bump up to 5.9 or 6.0 mid flower, after stretch.