Kings Kush

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by OuroborousMac, Aug 14, 2019.

1. #1 OuroborousMac, Aug 14, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    I used to grow successfully under a combo of m.h. and hps. Gave it up before starting a family. LEDs are so cheap compared to the ole style of 25 years ago that I got back into it.

Started from seed -- 6 seeds
    3 females 3 males. Males live w a buddy for breeding experiments. 1 female was super slow so...shes outdoor right now.

Vegged under cheap Phlizon 600w.
    2x2x4 little tent.
    Flowering under Mars II 900w.
    3x3x6 foot vivosun tent w 2 plants.
    General Organics root, veg and bloom applied as directed. Additional molasses and calmag applied as directed.
    Top dresses w guano.

Just established Young'uns:
    [​IMG]

Seedling Week 3:
    [​IMG]

Repotted seedlings:
    [​IMG]

<the phone I was using decided to eat my shots between this point and week 3 flowering>

Week 3 flower.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Week 4 flower
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Week 5 flower
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Week 6 flower
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Week 7 Flower
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  2. #2 OuroborousMac, Aug 14, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    Fixed above pics

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  3. can't see or look at the photos in this one bro,

I'm interested and will follow along though.

4. I hope I fixed the photos in the first post.
    Will someone let me know if it's only me that can see them or if they're visible to all

• Like Like x 1
  5. your good to go brother

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Very nice!

7. Nice grow man!

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

8. WoW!!! Those buds are amazing! Awesome job! I really like your setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Gents,
    The eternal cycle returns and returns again with a week 8 update. Moving into week 8 we've flushed these babies with 40L of ph neutral water and are heading into the home stretch.

I took samples during week 6 and week 7 and just this weekend enjoy my FIRST taste of this hybrid bastard (ask my why I call them this...not exactly an autoflower/not exactly a photoperiod).

The grape phenols come through beautifully then a blast of diesel hits your palate. The samples were more to examine the flowering structure of the plant and to time the development of the tricomes.

Here's week 8.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ok, a discussion for another time. Bleaching under led lights. I'd like to know more. I know the lights are too close and that's likely what my cause is but beyond being an interesting sideline, smokes good bad ?
    [​IMG]

My little veg tent with.my next batch coming up.
    Kings Kush and Great White Shark
    (Also lettuce)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  10. Week 9
    The tricomes are hitting the cloudy side of life and my samples from larfland are very tasty for larf.
    The weight of some of the top bud is making them fall over. There's a ripe diesel smell to my tent, not at all musty nor mouldy.
    I'm very happy with their progress.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Week 9.5
    The sampling continues into week 9.5.
    I took a lot of the lower growth off early on to maximize the uniformity of my canopy. The canopy is still messy with fan leaves but I use a turbo fan to stir the air from below. I practice selective pruning of the fan leaves on the top buds while leaving a thick canopy.

That being said, I also like to save some larf for inspection during the last few weeks of flower.

So while inspecting the larf from week 8 that I had pruned and dried I came across these seed
    [​IMG]
    I'm happy that I can stock some seed away for later but .. I'm unsure of the father :)

12. Those dont look like their going to be good or mature enough to use but ive been wrong before

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

13. Might have 4 seeds in there that I'd try :)
    Just means I'll be keeping my eyes open for more mature tiger stripey seeds in the true harvest.
    K

• Like Like x 1
  14. looks like some fuckin gas

15. Folks,
    Week 10
    So After getting into a debate with myself about when exactly to chop, I decided to trim up last weeks larf sample and see how well dried she was. Given the snap of the stem, the top of the bud being nice and tight, the majority of the trics looked cloudy but not amber yet in the sample...I'll only taking a small selection today.

The weight of the buds is starting to pull them over so I'll tie a few up. The second plant (on the left) is a little further ahead than the one on the right.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I passed a few bong hits over to a buddy n he pronounced it creeping up on him.
    A very clean smoke, white ash, no harshness.
    Immediate grape taste followed by the diesel I love. All shot through by a strong banana taste...banana??

• Like Like x 1
  16. Nice pics! I like the one of your forearm. That’s an animal of a plant!!

17. Thanks! I've really enjoyed growing these 2 plants and look forward to reviewing my written day to day notes to see where I might improve my grow.
    Dialing in on specific notes I've taken:
    1) trim the under canopy and fan leaves of the canopy during and leading up to flowering a lot more than I did. This will help promote more even top buds. Lollypopping my next batch as well as continuing with the lst and 3-node
    topping.
    2) add some better phosphorus fertilizers during budding, should help build tighter buds (any organic suggestions?)
    3) scrog netting is my friend. I should have netted my flowering stage a lot sooner than I did.

Anyhow--im pretty baked on the larf from last weeks clip and dry session so I'm a gonna sign off n get some rum to go with my next bong :) ive a couple good long colas drying in the dark.

Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Can I ask how you dry it So weekly? I read on here that I need to put in jars and wait. Hope you enjoy that bong hit!