KingLed Wattage needed for 4 plants hydro?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by LilMoist&Fresh, Feb 11, 2019.

1. #1 LilMoist&Fresh, Feb 11, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    Hi guys,

I'm currently growing on hydro using a DWC bucket, and I'm doing LST with 2 plants.
    But since im running out of space im thinking of changing to an individual 4-plant hydro system.

What Kingled panel do you recommend for a 80x80x160 growtent and four plant system?

Thanks,

2. First of all, you can't fit 4 plants in that size tent - one would fill it. I'm not sure why you want to use a King led - there are much better lights - but the 2000w would be adequate for that size tent. It's only 380 watts.

3. The hydro system is 75cmx75cmx20cm the tent is 80cmx80cmx120cm. It should fit.
    About the light I was told king led is a good brand but since you mention there are better ones I'm open to suggestions.

I've attached a picture of the hydro system that I'm talking about.

Attached Files:

4. The hydro system is a nice set up and I know that it will fit in the tent, but unless you only veg for 3 weeks, 4 plants won't fit in that tent. A plant generally takes up about a 24" x 24" area and your tent is only 31" x 31". I suggest Quantum Boards for lighting unless you're on a tight budget. There are plenty of threads about QB's.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Quantum Boards(QBs) from HLG are pretty good LEDs. KIND also has some good lights, and I have a ViparSpectra LED light too that isn't too shabby. What you want to look for on LED lights is wattage from the wall. That's what you'll actually be pulling, and that's the wattage that matters when you're trying to figure out what size light for your grow space.

Also...
    This part here, why? Going from 2 plants in buckets to a 4-plant setup seems like you're just asking to overcrowd your tent if 2 is already crowding your space brother. You don't want your system to be too close to the walls of your tent either, you need room to be able to get in there and move around your plants and do work on them, plus if you ever get like root rot and have to flush it can be an incredible pain in the ass.

Make good decisions!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. He’s right I have a 4x4 tent I thought I’d be able to grow 4 plants . I decided to do 2 they filled my tent packed I veged 4 weeks . Hydro will give explosive growth .

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I’m running 2 1,800’ Kings and 3 1,000 watt Kings. That’s 1,300 TRUE watts of Burple. One of my plants the buds are getting pretty solid. Defiantly not as good as an HPS but decent. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I’m only a month into flowering.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sorry, I thought you were referring to the hydro system not fitting in the tent. I now understand that it won't fit because of the space needed for the 4 plants to grow properly :D
    Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thank you, I won't do it anymore, i can see now that it was a bad idea.
    Still learning hahaha

• Like Like x 1
  10. For 1-2 plant grow on a budget do you recommend a king led panel?

• Like Like x 1
  11. LED light is not really best measured in watts nowadays but rather by PAR/PPFD rating and spectrum (9 band, 12 band, full spectrum ect ect) ... watts is a really really bad way to rate an LED light as PAR rating is king regardless of wattage ... an 180 true watt LED can indeed beat a higher watt LED/HPS/MH in PAR depending on the LED setup (cobs ect.)what you want is the PAR specs of your light to tell how high to have them ect ect. ... each light should have PAR chart telling you the PAR of your light at 6", 12", 18", 24" and 30" inch ... you want to Veg plants in 600-800 PAR and flower them at around 900 PAR

[​IMG]
    and the reason why is below
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. #12 King Loki, Feb 13, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    the best bang for you buck LED panel at the moment is probably a Viparspectra 600w reflector series especially in a small space, the PAR of this light is actually rated lower than its 450W cousin at certain hights showing that PAR is indeed very dependent on a light to light basis ... but from all the grows I've seen with this 600w light (true watt is around 280 or something like that but on an LED that doesn't mean a super amount compared to PAR) they have been very impressive considering you can get these for under 200 bucks on amazon

VIPARSPECTRA UL Certified Reflector Series V600 600W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum

read the reviews on this guy on amazon .. people have posted up some nice pictures of their grows with this light

• Like Like x 1
  13. I have a viparspectra myself, I use it to veg plants with. Think mine is right around 200ish watts at the wall.

14. If your gonna for King’s get the 1,800 or the 2,000 watts which draws an actual 380 watts. If you got 2 you might get some nice yields. Nothing like HPS but pretty good.
    For the same price there better LED’s though like QB’s

• Like Like x 1