King of the hill

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by milfisland, Aug 29, 2012.

1. King of the Hill is way better than the Cleveland show and that Bob's Burgers show will ever be.

2. KOTH is the greatest

3. Dale: For years I've had show turtles and I've never once put em in a show...I'm a freaking hypocrite...

He really is endlessly quotable :smoking:

4. I think I'm going to go watch some KOTH on Netflix now.

5. lol yes, easily one of the best characters.

Joseph Gribble: Dad, can me and Bobby bring life preservers?
    Dale Gribble: If you wanna be sissies.
    Joseph Gribble: [to Bobby and the other boys] He said yes.

6. I'm in the super minority but I hated Dale's character most of the time. He was quotable but he had zero depth and it was just always the same joke over and over again. He's crazy, paranoid, and he uses weird word play.

I just felt his character didn't belong. I thought the show was great, it's like this amazing take on suburbia and middle class America, and while Dale wasn't like so stand offish he ruined the idea I felt like they spent way too much time with his anti-gov/alien stuff. We all know that one guy that is weird or is interested in weird things but after awhile it just got tiresome.

The episode where Hank is taking steroids and just takes 5 seconds to absolutely destroy one of Dale's crazy rants was great, I thought it should've happened more in the show. Not only would it make him even less credible, but the few times Dale is right or convinces people he is would become much more powerful moments since he's so poorly regarded.

Meh, I guess I didn't hate his character, I just felt like he didn't fit the idea/theme.

7. King of the Hill is an awesome show. Its so chill.

8. boomhauer cracks me up... its all about boomhauer.. watch closely..

lol

ILL TELL YOU HWHAT.
    ooooh bobby....
    "HWHAT ARE YOU TAAALKING ABOUT!?"

lol

i understand king of the hill alot better now then i did when it was first showing.

oh i love king of the hill

9. One of my favorite moments in the show is where you go into how Boomhauer recollects/sees things and everyone else is talking a mile a minute in a cajun speak and he's so eloquent and soft spoken.

10. [ame=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vLkr_GtkrSw]Blue Moon of Kentucky - Boomhauer FULL - YouTube[/ame]

11. REVEREND STROUP: Mr. and Mrs. Hill, are you willing to be Luanne's virginity sponsors?
    HANK: Sponsors? You mean like what the drunks have?
    REVEREND STROUP: Mr. Hill, a celibacy sponsor is like an offensive linesman for the virgin quarterback. The other team is going to be coming on strong. So Luanne needs you to get in there and block, or she might very well get sacked.
    HANK: Well, that's not in the Bible, but it should be.

[​IMG]

HANK: All right, everyone here who hasn't had pre-marital sex gets ice cream!

12. awesome show. sad that it ended. and I have to agree with the second post...it's not THAT funny of a show. It's just entertaining somehow. I think Mike Judge does an awesome job at portraying these characters as real people.

So funny though that this show gave everyone the impression that Texas is filled with a bunch of hillbillies haha. It's not at all like the show makes it out to be. I think it more pokes fun at everyone's thinking about Texas.

13. Hank Hill sums up Christian Rock.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TsL0DO-c1E]The Truth behind Christian Rock: according to Hank Hill (Season 8 Episode 2: Reborn to be Wild) - YouTube[/ame]

14. Dale is awesome, but its a shame that he's spending his resources to ensure that another mans genes makes it to the next generation. His wife lets him get some release, but Redcorn is the one pumping his seed into her.

15. They could definitely bring this show back even without Luanne's character. I'd also be interested in some spin off episodes, say like an older episode recreated from a different character's perspective.

16. It would be cool to see that episode where Hank catches Bobby smoking a cigarette, except the roles of Bobby and Hank are switched. Bobby catches Hank and Joseph smoking cigarettes in the bathroom and Bobby makes Hank smoke all those cigarettes until he is sick of it.