King of Rock 'n' Roll?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by CiscoKid419, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Who do you guys think deserves this title?

My vote goes to chuck berry.

2. you have got to add more than 2 people. Hendrix, Fats Domino, Led Zeppelin, etc.

3. I voted Chuck, not for Chuck but for my hatred of elvis.

4. Im talkin bout the people who pioneered rock. If there are any more rock n roll pioneers let me know and ill add them

5. Definitely Fats Domino then and a lot blues artists cuz they were the pioneers

6. Alright, do you know if i can edit the poll cus i cant figure it out. :):confused::D

7. Hmmm....idk about that one i don't know if you can. Bummer. It's whatever, i'll just vote for chuck berry

8. Haha yea probly should have thought it out more before i made the poll

9. I voted Chuck Berry, but I dunno...the first rock and roll song is purported to be "Rocket 88" by Jackie Brenston and his Delta Cats, but they really didn't follow up on it to my knowledge

It's one of those things where you can't really name a single person as the inventor or the pioneer

10. Elvis Presley all the way babay!

How can you go wrong with Elvis??

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpzV_0l5ILI"]YouTube- Elvis Presley Jailhouse Rock 1957 colour[/ame]

Although, I still do like Chuck Berry a lot. Just got more respect for my man Elvis, he brought together black rock n roll and white rock n roll.

11. The movement is the pioneer.