King Corn- Must see documentary!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Medicine Al, Jan 27, 2009.

1. http://www.kingcorn.net/

I just saw this excellent documentary over the weekend, and I think it should be seen by everyone, at least everyone who eats.
    Here's an extended clip, its a very well done, balanced production, that exposes the American food production system for the broken dream that it is.

Why grow a bumper crop of crap? The USDA paid us to!

We are what we eat, and America eats a lot of shitty food, even though it is neither wise, nor necessary. The film makers are amazingly non-judgmental, interviewing interested people from all different camps, and just kind of letting their findings speak for themselves.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDurZc5Yr6c&feature=related"]YouTube - INDEPENDENT LENS | King Corn | Extended Clip | PBS[/ame]

I give it 5 ears! (hold the popcorn)

2. Corn is killing us softly, slowly, insidiously!!!! :mad:

3. I watched this in my college Nutrition class

Shit put me to sleep real fast..

4. Are you sure you weren't just feeling the corn syrup let down?

Catch a nap, and re-queue that DVD, and try to pay attention. This will be affecting you, and everyone you know, for as long as we tolerate it.

Why would anyone find a governmental conspiracy to poison it's population uninteresting? Oh, that's right...we've been raised on garbage.

Why does the USDA have such a tolerance for genetically modified food that contains no nutrients?

And is it any wonder this shit got started under the Nixon Administration?

Can you find any similarities between the explosion of Crohn's Disease in the USA, and the use of High Fructose Corn Syrup? Diabetes is exponentially on the rise, so is obesity, heart disease, and many other maladies, which are related to our diets.

We are now being farmed by our government, sold out to the idea that more is always better, and that health care should be an over-priced, privatized luxury for the wealthy.

Like rats, in a laboratory.

Keep on snoozing, America, shit's going great!