Kindseed.com BEWARE (In my opinion)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by randee, May 10, 2010.

1. WOW!
    I must admit that I should have done more investigating and price checking before I ordered. So I have to take responsibility for that part anyway

My big reason for hooking up here was it was getting late in the season and I had been out of the growing hobby for a few years and it hit me. So I went to HighTimes and this is about the only place i found that I could use a credit card to order.

I orderd 10 Blueberrys from Dutch Passion $130.00 and 10 Gspot from Vancouver Island Seed Co. for $105.00 ( I know, I know, WAY TOO HIGH)

I read every FAQ and the Guarantee etc.... so I knew I had to germinate the way they recomend in order to keep from having any questions on their Guarantee. From experience I know you have to go along with their suggested methods so there is no disputes IF the situation arises.

I am going to Paste the email that has been going back and forth so you yourselves can see the responses WORD for WORD.

2. #2 randee, May 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2010
    NOTE: This email is copied and pasted so that no words are changed etc... so the beginning is actually at the bottom and then you can read up.
    I felt that to accuse someone of something I should leave this exactly as original so I don't mess something up and cause confusion.

I sent a response to this and will post as soon as I get an answer which probably will not be positive I am guessing because this person does not care whether he pleases me or not based on his responses so far. I hope I need to apologize for this but I am doubting it.

He reason you will receive the same strain is because some of your seeds germinated. We offer alternative genetics only if all seeds were not viable. Im sure you can understand why we do not give our customers 4 strains for the price of 2. Thank you, kind seed.

Sent: May-07-10 2:03 PM
    To: 'info'
    Subject: RE: Order Guarantee Information for R. G.

I do not mean to be a problem but I have asked you three times about picking another strain rather than the same ones I ordered, which is what your FAQ page states. I want to pick other strains of the same value or less value please.

If you could please send me 2 Jack Flash #5 Feminized and 3 Super Skunk from Sensi Seeds I would very much appreciate it. I figure since I am gonna be up on June soon that Feminized would help me in the time area not having to sex them.
    I am not a beginner and I did use Organic seed starter which does not have any peat moss in it, Of course I did use the peat pots. You mentioned the peat moss causing male/female issues, would just the peat moss pots cause that?
    I appreciate your information and time and again I don’t want to be difficult just fair.

Thanks again for your time, and Be Blessed,

Sent: Friday, May 07, 2010 2:55 PM
    To: randy@proproductions.org

“Usually” is the key word. It then states “DO NOT continue soaking the seeds after the white, initial roots are visible”. This means to soak them in water until they crack. Your resend is already being processed and will be 5 seeds of each. Thank you, kind seed.

[B]Sent:[/B] May-06-10 1:05 PM
    [B]To:[/B] info
    [B]Subject:[/B] RE: Order Guarantee Information for R. G.[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000000] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
    [COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Hello and thanks for responding back so quickly. I am not trying to be abrasive or defensive here but from what I understand in Your Germination instructions it states " Usually within 48 hours the seeds swell and split their seed casings". I do not see the 10 day rule listed here or in Your Germination Guarantee..... Please show me where that is because if that is a "requirement for the guarantee" I would think that should be in both of those places.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]Also I believe the guarantee says I can pick another variety on those replacements if I would want to. Does that have to be from Dutch Passion on the Blueberry and Vancouver on the Gspot, or can I just pick from any of the varieties listed on your site? So I would be due 8 seeds, correct?[/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana] [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I am not trying to take advantage of you or anything and I am happy to follow your guidlines but you cannot make the rules hard to find or put them in different places. [/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana]I appreciate your time
    From: "info" <[EMAIL="info@kindseed.com"][COLOR=#000000]info@kindseed.com[/COLOR]
    >
    Date: Thu, May 06, 2010 11:15 am
    To:
    [/EMAIL]>
    [/COLOR]
    We do not send seeds in original packaging, and your bb seeds were from dutch passion. Our guarantee is this: we will replace seeds which do not crack open in water after 10 days. Seeds come from different places on plants, and usually take different times to split. Please follow our process in the future. I will also say that using peat moss is the number one reason for bad male/female ratios. You can expect replacements in 10-14 business days, and in the future we will not replace seeds for which you have not followed our policy properly. Thank you, kind seed.

Sent: May-06-10 9:19 AM
    To: info@kindseed.com
    Subject: Order Guarantee Information for R. G.
    Importance: High

To Start off with I recieved the Blueberry seeds first and I used a clean glass and filled about halfway with room temperature tap water which is what I have used to germinate other seeds as well. I placed the seeds in and after soaking for a couple minutes 3 or 4 of the seeds did fall to the bottom. I placed the glass in the top cabinet of my entertainment center which stays about 75 degrees and with the door closed they are in total darkness. After 12 hours I checked and pushed the remaining seeds under the surface and they fell to the bottom of the glass. When another 12 hours was up I checked and looked at the seeds with my magnifier at the bottom of the glass and seen that 3 seeds were cracked and showing some white of root so I planted those 3 seeds in my peat moss pots filled with organic seed starting material which has been stirred and mixed with enough water to be thoroughly moist but not soaking. Once the seed is laid in at 1/4 inch and covered lightly I then water with a 25% solution in two areas opposite each other at the edge of pot so the fertilizer is there once the root begins to grow. The pots are then place in a squar Tupperware container that can hold 16 pots which are 3" in diameter x 4" tall, and the container is then covered with Saran wrap which is taped to the side of the container to seal in the humidity and keep the temperature at 70-80 degrees. The container is placed in the sunlight on sunny days and under a Metal Halide 400W on cloudy or rainy days. At 36 hours I had two more Blueberry seeds crack open and I planted those in the same manner as the first 3. This is the same method I have used for many years.
    The remaining seeds were in the glass for 6 days and I had no cracking what so ever so I went ahead and dropped each one in a pot just to see if they might germinate in a moist environment

When the Gspot arrived I used the exact same method as above but used a different glass with fresh water. In the first 24 hours I had 4 Gspots cracked open vigorously with a root showing through on 3 of them and one just cracked open with white root showing.
    After another 12 hours I had three more cracked open but one was just barely so I planted them. The remaining 3 have never cracked open at all so after 7 days I planted them also and so I had 5 Blueberry and 4 Gspot that did not germinate.

I Scanned the actual reciept which I printed at the time my order was submitted and paid. It has the order number on it so that is all I have until the bank statement comes. You should be able to verify from the order # that you recieved your money. If you need the other I can send when I get it but I also must say that time is of the essence in getting things handled for the summer.

Also the only other question I had which I did email previously but never recieved an answer. The Blueberry seeds came wrapped in a paper with Taylored Genetics logo on it and you have these seeds advertised from Dutch Passion. With purchasing a 10 pack shouldn't they have come in a Duth Passion container? Or why would it be wrapped in another companies logo??

Thank You for your time,
    Randy G.

3. Here is the response I sent back today:

You guys need to change your information on your web page because based on what it says it is all LIES!!!!!! The 10 days for seeds in a glass of water is not on there and now you are making the rules up as you go along. NOWHERE on your website does it say that you only get the same strain back on your guarantee. It says we should be able to pick the strains for the same value. IF you don't want to send what I requested (which at an average of $10 per seed times 10 seeds is $100 dollars 2 Jack Flash #5 is about $50 and 3 Superskunk is $14.50 per see which is $43.50 which comes in under $100. And if that is not exceptable then tell me what that guarantee means.

I guess it comes down to you are the ones with the decision and it is up to you whether you honor what you put on your site. I don't claim to be smartest person but I have had a lot of years in growing and I can promise you I have conveyed the truth to you and only have these Instructions and promises you yourself advertise and I feel like based on what you are telling me that the rules have changed. I thought since your prices are at a premium level the service would be as well.
    What happens if the seeds don't sprout?
    If you have followed our recommended steps for germination and have had less than 90% germinate, you will be reimbursed for up to 90% of the seeds. You may choose the same strain or one of the same value to replace the seeds that would not sprout. remember we guarantee 90% (9 of the 10 in a single package) of the seeds will sprout only when following our recommended germination steps.

You are modifying what is on your webpage when your own words states that you will not do that unless first posted on the site.
    Article 13 - Miscellaneous
    1. KindSeed.com reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time. Such modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified Terms and Conditions.

4. #4 randee, May 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2010
    Here is the last reply I recieved from KindSeed.com, can anyone verify what this person is saying about their "customer satisfaction"

Sent: Monday, May 10, 2010 2:47 PM
    To:

Wow. We very rarely have a complaint about our customer service. Most people have tried the other companies, so they know how much better we are. Our rules have been the same all along. We tell every customer the same thing, and although you really want different genetics from what you paid for, your seeds have already been resent. You really cant understand why, when you have 5 viable seeds from your brands, that we don’t send out 2 different strains? I think you should try another company next time, and im positive you will be back to us eventually. The other companies don’t even have guarantees, would make you send back the non-viable seeds if they pretended they did, and good luck getting a reply from them. Youcan also phone us 5 days a week, tollfree. Thank you, kind seed.

5. Nobody has responded to this thread yet so I want to say that if I am wrong about my views I will apologize.

But based on what I read in the guarantee it states that what does not germinate will be replaced up to 90% and I can even pick different strains LISTED if I choose.

As you can see from the responses this dude never ask me any question but just told me what they were sending to me. I do want to add that they are sending me 5 of each, at least that is what is stated. From what I can tell from other sites I paid twice what others charge for the same Blueberry.

I did email Dutch Passion to ask if their seeds should be sent in their containers/Packs but have yet to get a response.

From what KindSeed says most places make a general practice out of not giving any service.

All the seeds that did not germinate I did inspect over the weekend and suprisingly only a couple of them had popped oven but only have a 1/8 inch root coming out. The rest of them are dead as they day I got them.

To be honest my feelings are that if a few don't come up is just part of the being the nature of seeds. The Blueberry seeds were really small light colored seeds, very delicate looking seeds. the Gspot seeds I will say looked awesome like seeds you would see in a picture.

I feel like I got taken for a $245.00 investment.

I would like to buy some single feminized seeds to round out what I want to have for the summer so I would appreciate any good refrences if there is some out there.

6. It sounds like this bank isn't standing by the stated guarantee according to the website. Although, you are being reimbursed with the same suspect genetics. At least they are sending you replacements without having to send back the non viable seeds. World-Wide-Mararuana Seeds(The Single Seed Centre) is a reputable bank that has single seeds and won't bend you over backwords. They also have a promotion for 3 free DNA genetics seeds for every order that started on 5/07/10 and lasts for a week. Good Luck Man:smoking:

7. #7 randee, May 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2010
    Well here is the last response recieved today and after all this freaking back and forth via email they "say" I am getting 5 Jack Flash Feminized which is more than a replacement as far as dollar for dollar but why did I have to make so many attempts to get them to honor some of their own promises. I hope I get what they say they are but until I see and smoke and show some pics in October and November I cannot have closure on this.

The website should say “we will replace the STRAIN that does not germinate”. It could be taken a few ways. The gspot has already been sent. I have put in a notice to shipping to please send 5 jack flash feminized seeds in place of the blueberry. We really don't care what you do on your website post. We thrive off repeat customers, not threat-makers. Good luck with thcbay or those other companies that market themselves by making untrue posts about competitors. Also, please realize that you did not follow our germination policy in the first place.

Sent: May-10-10 1:08 PM
    To: 'info'

I hate to do this but after posting this email on forum and getting comments back verifying the same view I myself have of your stated guarantee and the fact that you are NOT honoring it I just want to say you should change either your actions or the way your guarantee is stated on your web site. I paid Twice what other sites charge for the same seeds and you completely disregard my request based on your warranty.

I will take the information off the site and tell you where it is posted if you agree to honor your warranty as stated. Otherwise it stays there. I do not like being abrasive but honesty is honesty, there are not too many grey areas to this situation. If the Jack Flash #5 is not acceptable I can pick others.