Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Kinda worried about my brain

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by huzi, Aug 2, 2012.

1. I've been smoking for quite a few years now but I didn't think it was a good idea to post this in the seasoned tokers forum.

I don't have a job (still a student) but I program and make websites for money and run my own website design/development business. I have to remember a lot of stuff to be able to continue working properly and lately I've been smoking every day. I love smoking every day, but I kind of feel like its affecting my memory and slowing me down. To combat this I keep a little notebook and keep everything that I learn/think about written down so I can't forget it, but its kind of annoying.

When I stop smoking for a tbreak or just slow down and only smoke 2-3 times a week then my memory and thinking speed seems to improve.

What do you guys think I should do? Should I slow down and only smoke 1-3 times a week or should I just carry on what I am doing now (writing everything I think of in a notebook).

2. Whichever would help you secure your future. I wouldnt smoke as much, you seem to be burning out.

3. [quote name='"huzi"']I've been smoking for quite a few years now but I didn't think it was a good idea to post this in the seasoned tokers forum.

I don't have a job (still a student) but I program and make websites for money and run my own website design/development business. I have to remember a lot of stuff to be able to continue working properly and lately I've been smoking every day. I love smoking every day, but I kind of feel like its affecting my memory and slowing me down. To combat this I keep a little notebook and keep everything that I learn/think about written down so I can't forget it, but its kind of annoying.

When I stop smoking for a tbreak or just slow down and only smoke 2-3 times a week then my memory and thinking speed seems to improve.

What do you guys think I should do? Should I slow down and only smoke 1-3 times a week or should I just carry on what I am doing now (writing everything I think of in a notebook).[/quote]

If your not being productive and cannot function like you "should be" then smoke 1-3 times a week or however much you think you can and still be like you once were. Your obviously responsible for posting this and worrying so just be responsible with it and don't let it take over your everyday life

4. man i was in the same boat there for a while, i cut back for a lil bit and it helped my memory so much i have to remember stuff for work too and got tired of writing stuff down, i would def take a small break and you'll see how your memory will improve or smoke only when you really need it.thats my 2 cents.

5. This, and also, try to use weed as a little prize for your efforts... try to work hard to earn that prize..

6. You should study and do whatever cognitive demanding task while on marijuana.

7. Well marajuana does cause bad short term. I can see why you would be annoyed with this or having difficulties with your job. I would say smoke 2-3 times a week, but the question is can you actualy do this and prevent the temptation you get to smoke?

8. Thanks guys, I think after my next tbreak i'm going to start smoking 2 times a week - and as Mr Ararat said I should use weed as a nice little reward at the end of the week and to help me relax if i have a long/bad day. As soon as I get a permanent job thats not too 'mind intensive' instead of being self-employed (too much stress and thinking lol) I'm gonna go back to smoking daily :D

9. Some people can smoke everyday, some people can't

I'm one of those people that can only smoke 2-3 times max a week

I realized that after smoking 1-2 times daily for 2 years. Everyone has their own limits. My roommate is stoned all day but can function normally

10. You don't have to limit yourself to 3 days a week; you can still smoke everyday, you just have to limit yourself to how often. Instead of smoking all day everyday only smoke after you get all your shit done. If you have to do some homework or chores don't smoke until you finish those things.

11. ahahhahahahahhaha
    [​IMG]

12. [quote name='"Malamala"']You don't have to limit yourself to 3 days a week; you can still smoke everyday, you just have to limit yourself to how often. Instead of smoking all day everyday only smoke after you get all your shit done. If you have to do some homework or chores don't smoke until you finish those things.[/quote]

I dunno

I smoked mostly at night to put me to sleep

Woke up and my day was lethargic, anxiety filled and really down mood

Not saying everyone was that way, but it's how it affected me smoking everyday

13. I am kinda similar to you, I mean I can smoke every day but I much prefer to smoke every other day or so. It feels better. if I smoke every day just a bit before bed for sweet dreams.

but hey everyone is unique and do what is best for you

14. i used to smoke everyday since i started, recently ive been easing back to an amount where im happy on my frequency, without having negative thoughts like "what if..." Find how many sessions a week keeps you satisfied while still feeling clear headed.