kinda new to the growing thing and i need a little help..any suggestions will help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Summertime420, Mar 20, 2006.

1. i'm kinda new to the outdoor growing scene so i need a little help..alrite i live in the outskirts of metro atlanta(georgia) and i wanted to know when a good time would be to start planting my seeds..Its pretty cold out but not too bad..the average now is about 50-60 degrees during the day and at nite it drops to about 30..Is it too early or should i go ahead and start??.. any suggestions will help. thanks

2. wow either your stupid or havent thought about it....... 30 degrees for an hour? Here Ill make it easier for you, strip butt-naked and stand outside for an hour...... are you happy after that?

3. man befre you get all fucking hostile about a fucking thread that i posted (that you didnt have to reply to) note that i said IM NEW TO GROWING. so you must be the fucking idiot one bitch.. i think mother fuckers like you should watch who the hell you say the wrong things to because you dont fucking know me man..but yea you probably suck at life anyway if you're on this forum juat to talk shit to people.. if i met a bitch made mother fucker like you i'd punch your teeth down your damn throat, but since its the internet i wont be able to do that..but if u livE anywhere in atlanta i will gladly come beat your pussy fucking ass

4. wel, now that both of you are banned, this is the problem at GC. while i may be newer as well, i've viewed for a few months and people are just starting to turn into dumbasses in threads.

I'll kick your ass
    no, i'll kick your ass
    try it then
    ok
    bring it
    it's been brought

grow up, TURN 18, and think about being mature

5. Can somone answer the question? I'd like to know a good nighttime temp to start from seed at.

6. You ideally want it at least 40 at night, even 50 maybe.

7. well for how ignorant people can be which is why i dont use growkind.com because its a joke that is actually a huge rip off of this website, people just dont give a fuck whose new theyre just like yo ur gay u dont listen ur equipment sucks. Think about it man, about 50 degrees low is prolly the benchmark you want, if its too cold it wont grow. photosynthesis starts to slow at 60 degrees and pretty much stops by 40 degrees. And remember to place your crops somewhere the sun will shine and it rises from east to west your prolly gunna wanna make sure wherever the sun rises there that it hits your plants from dusk til dawn. peace

8. #8 Corto Malteze, Feb 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2009
    Hi! Well, I don't think there is any rush. I'm from Southern Europe so I don't use Farenheits. But plant after last frosts. A good temp for mj is 20-30 degrees Celsius. I suspect that your grow season (= when it's not freezing) is very long in Georgia (South). If you plant at the very beginning of the season (late Winter or early Spring), the veg. period will be very (too) long ( extra work watering), and they'll be unconcealable (big plants).
    For example, my season is mid March to Mid Novemeber. And I plant from seed in May1-15. The plants get huge already like that. I prefer indica dominant strains (grow less in veg and hardly in flowering period).
    Starting eralier won't change the moment the buds appear. They'll still approx. start budding in the middle of the summer (2-3 weeks after the males). It will just make bigger plants (more buds but stealth is #1). No greed. They have time to give you plenty!
    Finding a sunny spot is important but if if this is a guerilla grow, avoid very sunny spots with sun "from dusk till dawn". In guerilla grows, watering is the main problem so you want to reduce it max. A plant in the summer sun for several days (2-3) without water will plainly DIE (goes quickly careful). I avoid North facing spots (not enough sun: 3-4 hours) but like spots with 6-8 hours direct sun. If your plant is on a 100% Southern exposure (with Sun from East to West), just make sure it has some shade from other trees or bushes. Don't put it on top of a hill or an a hillside with direct sun for 12 hours. It will be a nightmare to keep up with the watering but you WILL have enormous buds if you can bring enough water discretely. A southern exposure also means plants are more in the open (stealth).

Good luck and welcome to GC! Peace.