Kind of my 1st Grow

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by danniem, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Tomorrow is the start of week 3 of veg for my clone. I started off with 2 mendo purps and purple cheese. On day 3 i noticed the leaves twisting up, did some research and found out they were being burned by the lights. At the time i had: two 75w full spec. incandescents @ 27k and 3 cfl's at 9w, 14w and 32w 65k full spec. With some real good help on GC i switched out the incandecencts for 32w 65k full spec cfl's and i upped the wattage of the 9&14 wast cfls to 25w and 27k full spec. To bad jumped the gun before the light switch and ended up giving cheese a bad case of nut burn but mendo only had it in one leaf.

As of today cheese is dead lol and mendo is recovering very well. if you copy and paste this link.................. http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/902743-web-not-helping-need-help-nut-burn.html .............. you'll see cheese and mendo with nut burn. hopefully i can get the more recent pics up. some reason it's giving me a hard time.

Attached Files:

2. hellz yeah bro. if u dont mind a lil advise tho i think your ladies are stretcthing. when did you switch the lights? if it was very recent that was prolly your prob.

3. i never mind advise (faded lol). it's been a week today. a few ppl here on GC told me the same thing, that's how i realized i jumped the gun on the foliage spray and ended up killing the beauty. lol

i need advise on this, the nuts i have for flowering isn't enough, is it safe to double up our 1 1/2?

4. i saw more post today about using lst and decided to try my hand at it. I'll post some pics later but i have a question....... How often should u do a foliage spray? i've heard only in between waterings, then i heard only at water which seems like a little over kill.

Any advice???????

5. not sure what you mean y double up your 1 1/2? and as long as your using something low in nitrogen, and high in phosphorus your good to go. im sure you already knew that.. the stuff im using has a 10-54-10 ratio. if your asking can u use something else with your fertilizer during flowering the answer is YES. im using molasses right now with my fertilizer. just be careful and start with low doses and work your way up as your plants gets used to the food. and about foliar feeding im not exactly sure the proper way to do it. the only foliar ive ever done was in veg with just straight water. wait i take that back i foliar sprayed one time with ferts and killed some of my babies. i dunno if ill ever go that route again lol unless i have some type of deficiency and it is recommended...

6. *not sure what you mean BY double up your 1 1/2* ?

7. lol that's why i put faded lol haha. i meant should i up my dosage to 1 and 1/2 the recommended amount

8. see those are the ratios (10-54-10) i've been seeing. my flowering nutes are 1-5-4 and it's only 30ml/gal, and my plant takes less than a liter of water... Yea i knew the (N) levels should be lower and the (P) levels should be higher. And i'm real confused on ferts, i don't know how much to use and how to add it in. do i just put it on top or what? I saw something that said you have to find out the EC (electrical conductivity) of the water and then to do a bunch of dividing lol. is there an easier way to tell, i don't have the money for that meter. And i think i need something to stimulate root development, i looked at the plant roots that died b4 it died and the roots looked small and extra thin. any suggestions?

9. what are your nutes that are 1-5-4 ? it seems to me like thats something you should be combining with a flowering booster. there should be directions on your nutes man for doses and what not. and NO dont put it on top. mix it with your water!

10. the brand is CNS and i got the 3 part series for my first grow but that one was stolen. it has a flowering booster but it's only for the last 2 weeks of flowering and the doses are that i'm using are smaller than their's cause the plant only takes a liter at feeding with a 30% runoff. " NO dont put it on top. mix it with your water!" that's for the fert right? and this might be me being an air head but aren't ferts like soil?

11. Here's a day 16 update. I took some pics of the areas i lst'd and other than the main stem getting too weak, the other branches took to it well. so with out further or due lol.....

Attached Files:

12. Do you have a fan blowing across the plants? An oscillating fan even on low will make a huge difference in regards to stalk and branch thickness.

13. Fertlizers are a broad term people use for the nutrients that are added to the plants. Some soils can come with fertilizers in it already, but the nutes we buy for our crop of choice, are generally formulated for what developing cannabis plants need.

14. oh that's probably why i'm confused about that, i need to open my eyes a little more. and yea, the oscillating fans were out of my price range. the cheapest one was a 7" for $39.99 too much especially when my girl and me blow like a oz a week.

15. Hopefully i can upgrade my space after this. i keep seeing little imperfections every time i go check on them. plus i still need an intake. i want to switch one of my exhausts around but im not sure. any thoughts? just a side note, the space isn't air tight so i figured with the negative pressure it would pull in enough fresh air. the green fan in the pic was just put in there to circulate the air, i noticed the heat was just sitting there and "she wasn't happy about it. It stunted her growth.

16. Add a intake. Id go for turning the one fan around if you have no heat problems, its good to replace air quite often. dont quote anything i say though im as new to this as you.

17. yea i'll turn the fan around and see how she likes it. and the temp usually stays in the mid 70's so a little more heat won't hurt.

18. let me know how it goes. have you thought about odour control yet? mine is on the verge of getting stinky. also have you worked out how much air you need to be replacing?

19. "have you thought about odour control yet?"---yea i have some mint, baisle and lavender growing. I'm also thinking about going to get something from the hydro store cause she stinks already and i think im going to have to veg her an extra week what do you think?
    "have you worked out how much air you need to be replacing?"--- i didn't know there was an amount that you needed to replace lol

20. aha i never thought of using herbs as a odour hider, if you go the hydro store grab some ONA. What are the dimensions of the space your using? Basically work out the CFM and thats what you should be replacing ever 15mins or so.