Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Kind of a light pick up?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by WeaveAndWish, Jul 10, 2012.

1. #1 WeaveAndWish, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2012
    Hey guys, I have bit of a weird pick up here. And it kind of resulted in a light bag. I'll make the story as short as possible.

So there's this guy at the end of my road. I had heard he smoked (he's in his 60's I believe, he does construction and such for my parents) So I decided to stop by and see if he knew any good hook ups. He said he knew a grower who grew every year and that he had a harvest coming up of some good stuff. I agreed to buy some from him if he picked it up. He said the price of it was 35 an eighth and 70 a quarter.

Well I wait a few weeks and he doesn't pick up, but finally he does and tells me he pick it up.. I arrange a time to swing by. I drive down there with my money and scale. He comes out and hands me a baggy and it looks like an easy eighth. The situation we're in, I don't examine it too closely. I give it a quick look, sniff and and as he goes in to get change, I put the baggy and all on the scale on a four-wheeler seat. (uneven) I didn't expect an accurate reading but I accepted the 3.5 it showed me anyway (knowing it was already it a bit light)

So I go home and check it out much better. I see the buds are EXTREMELY light and dry and a not so good trim job, not TOO bad though. I see red hair and it look...okay. Nothing that great. But as long as it weighed right, I wasn't gonna complain. So then I put the bag and all on the scale on a flat surface and to my disappointing I see a...3.5 at max WITH the baggy. (It's one of the flimsy sandwich bags, no zip)

This tells me it would be light about a gram. I'd say it be around 2.3 grams. This is way lighter than the agreed amount. I decide to call him up and say something but he instantly gets angry at the fact I called and talked about it over the phone (he doesn't like talking about it over the phone) from this moment I couldn't get a word in over the weight. He starts saying stuff like "if you don't like it then bring it back and you can get your god damn money back"

Right here I'm obviously a bit perplexed over his anger, not knowing whether it was simply I called about it over the phone or simply that I'm complaining when he did a favor. Overall, he seems angry at it.

But I feel I am just in saying something (though I usually always am and I kind of get a lot of heat from it) with the agreed amount being 35 for an eighth, I feel skimped. He even lied about the quality. This was NOT just harvested bud. It is very dry and some pieces even have untrimmed parts that are a bit brown. So I paid roughly 14 a gram for this when it was worth about 8.

What should I do? Am I in the right for saying something? How much should I ask back if this is the right approach?

2. #2 WeaveAndWish, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2012
    I can upload some pics if necessary, but I don't really feel it is. The scale is accurate. I weighed a penny and it came to the right weight.

3. I don't get this, but anyway I give shit back to dealers if I'm not satisfied either, its a business not a monopoly I can go get some quality

4. Your right man call him out on it you got nothing to lose

5. What I'm saying is the baggy weights probably about 1 to 1.5 grams. I left the bud in the baggy since I didn't feel like removing it all due to it being rather drying and flaky and some shake.

6. Ok, maybe you shouldn't have said anything over the phone...but even putting that aside, he was wrong to give you the wrong weight (or weighed it in the bag...believe it or not, I have actually encountered some idiot dealers who think this is completely acceptable), and he had no reason to fire up at you.

Never does a person put as much emotional emphasis into a response as a liar that's been figured out...that's what I always say...so I think that in itself gives you your answer.

His quality?
    Well, he obviously grows ghetto if at all, in visiting these forums I've seen people get great bud out of really simple setups, so it must be ghetto as fuck with little to no knowledge.
    Can't do much about that though.

7. go back, scale it out in front of him
    demand money. if not, knock the dog shit out of him.

8. Weigh it with out the bag and pics would be nice

9. The baggies my guy uses only weigh .3, maybe you should double check and weigh without the bag :bongin:

10. So what should I do?

11. Just don't buy off him anymore.

12. I'll ass quote home boy that just went up on facebook.

"Its a business not a monopoly, I can go get some quality"

thats going into my next rap song.

13. I would just forget that guy and cut your losses. He tried to screw you over and your figured it out. But there isnt much you can do about it other than take the situation into your mind and use this experience to avoid something like this from happening again. Sorry to hear what happened man. Atleast you didnt get cut an ounce or some large amount like that.