Killing Bin Laden - a big mistake?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mcherbie, May 2, 2011.

1. #21 KamikazeSkies, May 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    +472847

2. The Zodiac has managed to evade the police and still hasn't been caught despite being the #1 most wanted man for quite some time, in our own country. But of course, Bin Laden couldn't have done it. Why? Because you said so. :rolleyes:

3. #23 ProvidencePlant, May 2, 2011
    Finally have some on my team!

#WINNING

4. No because the Zodiac wasnt accused of attempted genocide. The zodiac wasnt in the middle of a 10 year war hiding in a mansion in Pakistan. The zodiac never recieved funds from the US. The zodiac wasnt on dialysis evaded the most elite military forces known to man. The Zodiac and Osama Bin Laden are COMPLETELY different situations. Osama Bin Laden is probably the most known name in the world. Yet he was hiding in as mansion on the outskirts of a Pakistani city. For god sakes if he was really in the mansion hes an idiot. He was close enough to a city that people tweeted about helicopters hovering over their homes at 1 in the morning. It doesnt add up if you think it does you are not being rational.

But of course my logical reasoning is wrong because of your witty sarcasm based attack.

5. #25 ProvidencePlant, May 2, 2011
    Ok so you are admitting that the Pakistani's did hear helicopters over their neighborhood. I am not trying to be condisending as I am truly curious as to what your stance on whatever did go down in that compound.

6. Bin Laden wasn't accused of genocide either. They are different situations but Bin Laden had the Middle East to hide in, none of which was part of the US. The Zodiac operated in San Fransisco, a single American city and could not be captured. I wouldn't call Bin Laden an idiot for hiding in a mansion. I sure as hell wouldn't want to be a cave dweller. If I'm going to live in hiding, at least make it comfortable. :cool:

7. A fake attack on a fake person?

Operation Northwoods - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - its not the first time we've planned a fake attack.

Also im pretty sure the Patriot Act expiration and review is in about a week. What a convenient time to release his death.

8. Yeah, the CIA, Pakistani government, and Obama all faked the death of Obama to...get Obama reelected perhaps? Come on.

9. #29 ProvidencePlant, May 2, 2011
    Operation Northwoods never happened but I could see where you're going. But honestly if the US says they are going to be doing DNA testing and nothing ever comes of it you think people will be so simple minded as to not see pictures or DNA evidence? The fact that it's being done by the US raises a flag to me. I feel a 3rd party nation should be doing the testing (such as Canada or any other member of the European Union).

10. This is simple. The Zodiac was a serial killer but NOT a threat to national security. Osama Bin Laden was the BIGGEST threat to national security.

11. I agree but (and i apologize for not having the source ill start searching) there was a source a few years ago that said Osama had died and his family had given the CIA his body. Which i have no proof of but it wouldnt surprise me seeing the CIA was on good terms with his family.

12. I dont know why they did it, think of all the possible outcomes of killing public enemy number one. Could be to sway a mass in a certain direction. It would be a smart way of doing it but i cant be for sure.

13. #33 ProvidencePlant, May 2, 2011
    Are you talking about the Muslim news network that covered his death in like '07 or so? The reporter that covered the incident was assassinated like a month or so after. I honestly think that we've killed Osama but who fucking knows at this point I still haven't seen any proof. So I am on the fence until one side presents some credible evidence. Well I have to go catch a flight now but I subbed and am looking forward to having some intellectual debates in the coming hrs/days.

14. Ya thats the story i think. And i am on the fence too. My hate for the corruption in our government and the varying news stories is telling me that somethings up. But even my opinions are based off pure speculation at this point.

15. Its not a mistake if your name is Barry Obama

He pretty much just put 2012 in the bag man.

16. #36 ProvidencePlant, May 2, 2011
    Hate to agree with you but it damn sure does feel that way.

17. Actually, by "killing" bin Laden, Obama put more heat on himself and raised his expectations with his supporters.

The only reason his supporters accept being in Afghanistan and Pakistan is to kill the man who did 9-11.

They're not stupid enough to believe that any amount of time in Afghanistan will stop another 9-11, because there are 200 other countries where the next 9-11 could be planned from.

They're not stupid enough to believe that we will ever "fix" Afghanistan by any means - even less so through by war.

Obama's supporters want the US out of Afghanistan, and if we keep sending more troops despite bin Laden being dead, it will HURT Obama's approval ratings.

This is Obama's "Mission Accomplished" moment. We have a year and half until the next election. If we are still in Afghanistan in November 2012, Obama will not win.

If, on the other hand, in the next few weeks Obama announces that he's winding down the action in Afghanistan, stopping drone attacks in Pakistan, and sets a deadline for troop withdrawal, AND ACTUALLY FOLLOWS THROUGH ON IT. Then yeah, I'd say he has re-election in the bag.

18. Lol, that 'reporter' was the prime minister of Pakistan. And yes, she was assassinated a few weeks after.

19. #39 ProvidencePlant, May 2, 2011
    Sorry I wasn't exactly up to date with my Pakistani politics from 4 years ago forgive me all knowing master of Middle Eastern knowledge.

20. Ya i knew it was a significant person. This whole event is just shady as hell with too many loopholes. A simple propaganda tool that hypes up our nation in a wave of fake patriotism.