Kill pain without the high

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by budsmokeronly2, Apr 3, 2011.

1. thats what high cbd strains are for, not "like-drugs" fuck that shit

2. – but it can produce unpleasant side effects such as hallucinations

:laughing:

Article holds no credibility for me after reading that. Lol @ hallucinations. Didn't know medical patients have 0 tolerance and smoke like a pound of weed to get hallucinations :smoke:

3. Idk about you ampeddd but i get very mild hallucinations when i smoke nothing like im frying bawlz, but everything seeming slightly more vivid could be considered slight hallucinations. They're just blowing it out of proportion in the article. But no seriusly wtf, we already have pain killer pills do we really need another that just rubs out marijuana's credibility?

4. That just points out the phoneyness of the MMJ crowd. If they came up with a strain of MJ that just dealt with medical issues yet couldn't make you high, then all the so-called MMJ patients would cry foul. I'd say that 90% of the people that use MJ for "medicinal" reasons are lying. They just want to get high.

5. That's not true either because the "high" is what reduces anxiety and causes sleepiness. So anyone using it for those purposes as medicine still needs the high. Also I won't believe there is a cannabinoid that can relieve pain without making you high until I feel it for myself.

6. One of the great things about human beings is their ability to rationalize whatever they do.
    I'm sure you can find a drunk who uses wine for "medicinal" reasons as well.

7. Sure, I feel pretty certain that there are people who are allowed by their state government to obtain marijuana for medicinal purposes that actually only use it in a recreational manner.
    However, it is a bit offensive for you to assert that to be 90%, and to label the MMJ crowd as a whole as phonies. If you really don't understand how beneficial pot can be to these "so-called MMJ patients", well, I guess you're lucky.
    Lucky not to have firsthand experience living with a painful, debilitating condition which you come to rely on pot to help with.

Hey, the high is awesome. No doubt. But there is a significant percentage of these patients who aren't thinking too much about coppin a buzz when they take their meds.
    I would probly always choose the actual weed to medicate with, myself, and enjoy the high while I'm at it.
    But I'm not opposed to people isolating bits of it if they want, and developing specifically targeted applications and preparations. There's lots to learn yet about our plant.

8. Its a big farce in Cali. A "real" doctor would most likely deny most of the MMJ applicants claims. However, the ones in Cali only care about the fee.
    This lack of controls is hurting other MMJ groups throughout the US as the oppostion uses Cali as an example of poor control mechanisms. So what you end up with is a deathbed MMJ law with no mechanism in place to get the MJ.

I've had a hangnail and let me tell you that it hurt really really bad.

9. Alcohol has plenty of legit medicinal value. Next time you get the flu don't get NyQuil, get a bottle of whiskey. And what I said is true, the high is what kills anxiety for anxiety sufferers. I also don't believe what they say either. It's an attempt to placebo gullible r-tards.

10. Sure there are medicinal uses but thats the excuse for abuse.

11. I didn't say it was. But isn't abuse defined by consequences? And I still maintain that recreation is good for your health, so even if you are doing it for "recreational" purposes it is still medical, since recreation is good for your health.

12. Once again, mankind trying to rip apart the natural balance of nature. Do they not understand that ALL the components of cannabis were made to be consumed together? How do they know what the different interactions of the various components are? They don't. We've been isolating compounds for centuries or even millenia. While this is good for the scientific mind to discover HOW something works, too many times we have found that isolated compounds sometimes simply don't work by themselves or lead to unexpected consequence. My 2 cents.

13. "the high is what kills anxiety for anxiety sufferers"

The high of alcohol has also "killed" many innocent drivers( & passengers) who may not have suffered form anxiety.
    The high of alcohol is accepted anarchy ..............while MJ remains schedule 1 .

"I am sooooo fucked.......YES?"

14. So, of the MMJ users who truly benefit from weed for whatever their ailment, are there many of them who resent the people who use it for purely entertainment? I can't get a good read on that.

15. BEFORE my medical problems, I was a recreational user. More often than not when I got too stressed. You know, work, home, bills, etc. You can smoke a J, relax, sleep well, and get up bright and early for work the next day without a hangover. Really, I consider that a VALID medical use. Stress leads to high bp, headaches, stomach problems, etc.

16. Sounds like the government would rather have these shitty synthetics on the market than weed.

17. They make more money with them. If the MMJ community had billions of dollars to send special-interest lobbyists to Washington, enough to outspend big pharma, then we might have a chance. That is if we can outspend the oil, textile, and the paper industries too.

Sad, but true. IMHO.

18. I prefer brandy, same difference =)

And I can remember having had some dental work done when I was very young - I was seriously tranked on nitrous oxide, laughing gas. I was seeing everything flat, brightly colored and outlined in black like a comic book, and sounds were reverberating like the keyboard part in Baba O'Reilly.

Most anything used as a pain killer can be used recreationally. I will still occasionally do whip-its with my whipped cream maker cartridges =)

19. Sore throat/flu:

Dad's remedy that I use to this day.

Equal parts whiskey(he prefers Canadian Club), lemon juice and honey. Heat in the mic until it is boiling. Hold cup under nose/mouth and cover head with towel to contain fumes. As SOON as you can tolerably sip this molten hot concoction, do so. Slowly.

Tastes like shit, but NEVER had to do it more than twice. Old wives remedy, but effective.