Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Kief

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by SlightlyStupid8, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Here's a pic of Kief I got from the last 1/4 I've ground up. Now the real question is what should I do with it?

Attached Files:

2. Why dont you save it till you have a bit more.

3. Save it for a rainy day. Allow it to build up more.

4. Save it up!

5. Ya I would just save that if I were you. Start putting your grinder in the freezer for abit before you grind. You'll thank me later.

6. Haha, ok

7. Throw it away.

Put it in your bosses soup.

Sell it.

Smoke it.

8. Sprinkle it on your bowls

9. I think after you grind is better, the cold helps break the trichromes on the bud afterall.

And I'm gonna hop on the rest of the people and say save it. When you're running out of weed and only have a few bowls of weed left, you can pack half bowls and top them with kief to make your bud truly go the extra mile.

I vape kief :)

10. By doing this, would you not be subtracting more thc from the bud then what you normally would, thus resulting in less potent grinded weed.

11. when you have enough, treat yourself one day and roll a joint in it :)

12. Yes it probably does make it a little less potent, but I haven't really noticed a difference. I think the amount of kief you get is worth it though.

13. Like others have suggested, and especially if it's a rarity for you, then it may be good to save up a little longer. :)

Don't bother filling your compartment though, it's just like flowers/bud; if you want to preserve the quality, you need to store it in
    a sealed location with little to no air exchange.

In other words, jar it up as you make it, don't just let it sit in there!

If you can't wait (or maybe after you've put a little more bud through your grinder) here is a little 'inspiration' to get you going.... :p

I'll usually quick-sift up at least a few bowls (not smoking bowls, but the soup sized bowls below [​IMG] ) for my personal use a few times
    a week, but I'll make concentrates or edible oils from the majority of it. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Cannabis Concentrate (Edible & Smokable recipes included...
    similar to Phoenix Tears/RSO & BHO, but bioavailable & made with food grade/drinking alcohol)

-Medical Grade Cannabis Concentrate-

[​IMG]

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Hash Oil (starting with dry-sift hash, same as capsule recipe, oil can
    also be used for cooking)

Med-Grade Hash Oil

[​IMG]

(And if you need it, here's the canna oil tutorial... the concentrate tutorial can begin with dry-sift, the hash oil is specifically for dry
    sift oil, while the below is for standard medical canna/flowers oil.)

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Canna Oil (starting with flowers/bud/trim etc)

Med-Grade Canna Oil

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"An edible a day, keeps the doctor away!"

They beat apples! :p

Or they can include apples...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The concentrate tutorial I gave you above will show you how to make some nice smokeable 'hash oil' or concentrate.... just
    cold wash and freeze your materials (and omit the edible/cooking oil or butter) if you're looking for clean smoking oil. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And you can always just press the stuff :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pressing your kief before smoking preserves more potency, by controlling and limiting the temperature of the burn and ember...
    Loose kief burns up hot and more rapidly, and the hotter the burn, the more more total cannabinoids are destroyed before they
    can reach your lungs (while also tasting less pleasant than it could, due to additional terpene degradation/loss).

So it's probably my least favorite way to use it, but if all else fails, and you're feeling too lazy to do much else...

Then you can pile as much kief as you want, on top of just enough herb to prevent it from falling through your screen, or even
    ash as some people do, and smoke the bowl all in one go. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyhow, these are just a few examples... but I think the post is probably quite long enough! :p

Good luck, and have fun! [​IMG] [​IMG]

-----

(PS - To keep this page from becoming redundant, please delete the above photos if you 'quote' this message
    to reply, for the sake of the members who visit the thread after you... it's happened in the past, two or three
    times on a single page in at least one case, and the results are not good!
    :p ) \t\t

[​IMG] [​IMG]

14. People who keep saying freeze it to get more kief arent doing anh good. Your weed had only so many tricomes so if you get more kief you lose it from your bud. Either way you cant get more no matter what you do.

15. [quote name='"p42082"']

By doing this, would you not be subtracting more thc from the bud then what you normally would, thus resulting in less potent grinded weed.[/quote]

I've only just started grinding on the regular and before had thought the same thing. When it comes down to it you wont notice any lack of thc or any less of a high from smoking the ground weed. Gathering kief lefts you keep the stuff you'd otherwise loose if you broke it up with your fingers. Again is'nt much but it adds up.

16. [quote name='"BadKittySmiles"']

Like others have suggested, and especially if it's a rarity for you, then it may be good to save up a little longer. :)

Don't bother filling your compartment though, it's just like flowers/bud; if you want to preserve the quality, you need to store it in
    a sealed location with little to no air exchange.

In other words, jar it up as you make it, don't just let it sit in there!

If you can't wait (or maybe after you've put a little more bud through your grinder) here is a little 'inspiration' to get you going.... :p

I'll usually quick-sift up at least a few bowls (not smoking bowls, but the soup sized bowls below ) for my personal use a few times
    a week, but I'll make concentrates or edible oils from the majority of it.

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Cannabis Concentrate (Edible & Smokable recipes included...
    similar to Phoenix Tears/RSO & BHO, but bioavailable & made with food grade/drinking alcohol)

-Medical Grade Cannabis Concentrate-

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Hash Oil (starting with dry-sift hash, same as capsule recipe, oil can
    also be used for cooking)

Med-Grade Hash Oil

(And if you need it, here's the canna oil tutorial... the concentrate tutorial can begin with dry-sift, the hash oil is specifically for dry
    sift oil, while the below is for standard medical canna/flowers oil.)

BadKat's Highly Activated & Bioavailable, Med-Grade Canna Oil (starting with flowers/bud/trim etc)

Med-Grade Canna Oil

"An edible a day, keeps the doctor away!"

They beat apples! :p

Or they can include apples...

The concentrate tutorial I gave you above will show you how to make some nice smokeable 'hash oil' or concentrate.... just
    cold wash and freeze your materials (and omit the edible/cooking oil or butter) if you're looking for clean smoking oil.

And you can always just press the stuff :D

Pressing your kief before smoking preserves more potency, by controlling and limiting the temperature of the burn and ember...
    Loose kief burns up hot and more rapidly, and the hotter the burn, the more more total cannabinoids are destroyed before they
    can reach your lungs (while also tasting less pleasant than it could, due to additional terpene degradation/loss).

So it's probably my least favorite way to use it, but if all else fails, and you're feeling too lazy to do much else...

Then you can pile as much kief as you want, on top of just enough herb to prevent it from falling through your screen, or even
    ash as some people do, and smoke the bowl all in one go. :D

Anyhow, these are just a few examples... but I think the post is probably quite long enough! :p

Good luck, and have fun!

-----

(PS - To keep this page from becoming redundant, please delete the above photos if you 'quote' this message
    to reply, for the sake of the members who visit the thread after you... it's happened in the past, two or three
    times on a single page in at least one case, and the results are not good! :p )

[/quote]

Dat bacon canna pizza

Attached Files: