Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

kief to bubble hash

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by muaythaipride, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Has anyone experimented with turning your kief into bubble hash. I would love to try some except i dont have tons of cuttings, all i have is a pretty nice pile of kief. Do you think letting the kief sit in ice water then let the water evaporate would produce similiar effects. Thanks- muay

2. if you have keif, then you don't need to mix with water to make hash. just press it between two pieces of wax paper or parchment and apply some heat. an iron set on the lowest possible heat setting will suffice. the whole idea behind getting your weed ground up, frozen and drenched in cold water is to separate the trichromes. keif is pure (or almost pure) trichromes. if you press keif with some heat, you'll have hash.

3. yeah i understand that i have been doing that for a while now, but im going to europe in a month and they have lots of hashish over there and i would like to expand my knowledge. i just would like to compare the smoke to the smoke of bubble hash.

4. then your gonna have to get another bag of weed and start from scratch. you can't make bubble hash from keif. the bubble method is a process to separate the keif from the weed. your keif is already separated.

5. you can make bubble hash from kief.

how could you make it from bud, but not kief? the statement is redundant

i don't know the specifics, you'd have to check TC's hash forum, i know they could tell you exactly what to do.

6. exactly. But the whole bubble hash process could be cut in half with just strait keif

Good luck dude, Post some pics when you finish!

7. I've never made hash, so I may be wrong. Isn't the bubble method just a way to seperate different grades of keif from each other and filter out any other plant matter? The actual method in which trichomes are seperated from the plant shouldn't have any impact on the end product. I don't think a bubble bag would notice the difference if the trichomes came from a leaf or a grinder, it would still make the hash.

AGAIN, NEVER MADE HASH, COULD BE WRONG.

8. I didnt read the other posts so fogive me if someone else already said it...But bubble hash is any kind of hash that is pure enough that it will melt to a liquid when lit, so youd need to isolate the trichomes down to a point where its just pure trichomes. I dont know how to do this at home with out bubble bags or some other sort of extraction method. But it sounds like you just wanna make some water hash with your kief, and i can definatly help you with that, heres what you need and how to do it:

a good size pile of your kief
    a half pint mason jar (or anyother kind of jar with a lid)
    a spoon
    a coffee filter
    a drinking glass
    and of course some water

Now start off by putting your kief in the freezer (if possible) for an hour or so. Then put your kief in the jar. Add to it cold water to fil the jar almost completly full (leave a little air room), put the lid on the jar and shake like hell for a good 20-30 seconds. Then just let it sit for 15 -20 minutes. Take the lid off and use the spoon to scoop out whatever is still floating on the top (its mostly plant matter so dont worry) then put the lid back on and shake it again for 20-30 seconds, let it sit again and again scoop the little bit still floating on the top. Now take the coffee filter and set it in the top of the glass. Stir the water in the jar with the spoon and quickly pour it thru the coffee filter. Once all the water drains out, scoop off the trichomes spread them on a smooth dry surface and let them sit in a warm dry place overnight. Then you can collect them and press them and have a ball of decent hash...Enjoy!

:D

Budzilla420

9. great walkthrough Budzilla, im going home to try that right now +rep

10. sorry if i posted wrong info!! i myself have never made bubble hash, but i was just going with the assumtion that the whole bubble hash thing was just a way to separate trichs from the other plant matter. again, my appoligies.

11. alls good standalone, were all hear to learn. that is what i was thinking of more or less budzilla, but instead of a filter i think im just going to let it evaporte over a heater and use less. i'll give it a try and post the process within the week-muay

12. Me personally, I'd just smoke the kief.

But I'm lazy like that...

13. If you must press your kif to make it bubble, you should forever stop making stuff and end yourself.

/retard.

14. Hey guys, I am making it as we speak! I'll upload pictures and step-by-step information tomorrow. It's already looking stellar.-Muay

15. So the reason I decided to attempt a bubble hash like product is because i havn't had much success getting my crystals to "bubble" when lit through pressing my kief.

1. I started with whatever crystals were left at the bottom of a jar that has held about a quarter pound of Sour Diesel over the last 3 months aswell as all the kief from the bottom of my grinder from ONLY SD.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    2. I let the all of the stuff sit in my pickel jar in the freezer for 10 minutes and then added 1 cup of ice water, and shook for 2 minutes on and off.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    At this point if you havn't already seperated the plant matter out along with some crystals it will be floating on top of your water. I personally wasn't looking to have the purest hash this time so I didn't bother to seperate most of this out previously and didn't skim it off at this point.
    [​IMG]

3. I poured the water in my jar into a glass pan and put in the oven around 150F on and off for 2 hours letting the water evaporate. At one point I skimmed of some of what was on the top (crystals and a little leaf material) and let it dry on a piece of paper(you can sample your product at this point).[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    4. After letting all the water except for a very shallow layer of water on the bottom where the purects crystals were I scooped them out and let them dry on a piece of paper before rolling up. I didn't get a chance to get any pictures of the purest stuff yet but here is a ball about half the size of a thumb.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

16. looks great, how's it smoke?

17. smokes great, i finally got the bubbling. also the taste is amazing

18. I used bubble bags and dry ice to seperate the kief really quickly then I took out the dry ice and put in regular ice in the second bubble bag with all the rough kief and churned it like normal with 1 small chunk of dry ice in it to keep the ice solid. After the dry ice evaporated and the ice melted I was left with a sizable blob of bubble hash in it's 25 micron bag mud form. the left over kief is solid green now and cakey.