Kief Stuck In Between Grinder?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Thedollylala, Jul 12, 2014.

1. My cheapo temporary grinder is holding my kief hostage, way to get it out without tearing my grinder apart?

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1405132957.483013.jpg

2. LOL haven't laughed this hard in a while.

I'm sorry man, honestly if it doesn't come apart you have to take it apart to get it out.

Good luck  :bongin:

3. put it in the freezer for a few minutes and bang it on the table

4. Well.. I mean take it apart but not completely destroy the grinder -.-

5. qwiso that bitch

6. Brush it out with a tiny paintbrush like the ones you get with a MFLB. Just started doing that a few weeks ago and I get mountains of kief from it everytime.

7. put a lighter under the screen and breathe in the vapors that come up :smoke:

8. So it has a kief catch that can't disconnect

Trim Nazi

9. You sure that sucker doesn't unscrew somehow? What would be the point of putting in a screen with a kief catcher if it doesn't unscrew?

10. #10 Thedollylala, Jul 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2014
    Well it does and it catches a little bit, but it is a cheap grinder and it's Inbetween the screen and the Shredders, the catcher at the bottom well it catches whatever makes it down. I'll try the paint brush method I'm worried about the little yummy bits just getting flung around and wasted 😿

11. Lol bro just pop that ring out then the screen can be removed and you can put it back in.

12. If its anything like this one it should work.

Attached Files:

13. I'm scared, just kidding I used a brow brush ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1405207000.943290.jpg

And beat the top, managed to work it loose, now that most is out I'll try to take out the ring, I attempted before but I wasn't successful

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1405207134.141999.jpg brushed, but just tried to get the ring out, ugh no, it won't come out. Pfft

14. ^ that would drive me crazy, having all those yummy bits stuck in there!

15. #15 Mr.Otter, Jul 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2014
    I have a cheap 20 dollar grinder so I feel your pain.

I usually find a good tool to scrape the inside of the grinder with. I use a piece of a credit card I cut off to scrape the screen, teeth and all the little grooves of the grinder. I usually get a lot of kief if I work at it for 10-20 mins..

16. #16 TokeRandir, Jul 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2014
    Rinse it with Isopropyl! Drain all that keify ISO goodness into a flat dish and let that alcohol evaporate off. Scrape it up and you've got grinder qwiso ready to smoke! Plus that grinder will look clean as the day you got it. This is my go to when the screw threads get too sticky or when the screen gets too clogged.

17. I'll pick some iso tomorrow, all I have is %70

Jeez $20 for a grinder?

19. Put a penny in the grinder and shake it for a couple of minutes. huge difference

If you can reach the chamber that.

But judging by what you are saying, I assume you mean the kief chamber is literally like locked and you can't access it. If that is the case you can break the edge of the mesh screen and bend it. This way you can bend it and access the kief like a half opened can, then close it when you got flowers you want to separate from the kief.