Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Kief shifting before or after decarb

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by peelxite, Jun 29, 2018.

1. #1 peelxite, Jun 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    Should I decarb before or after sifting for kief? Also, should I cure/dry before sifting?

2. Why sift? Honest question. I mean if you want the kief for other uses then yeah but if you want more potent edibles then leave that shit in there, yeah?

• Like Like x 1
  3. yeah, I chose the closest forum thread I could find. I am trying to maximize kief potency.

4. Maximize kief potency for edibles right? I personally would decarb the whole shebang. How are you decarbing?

5. I've got the Ardent Nova decarb machine...HIGHLY (pun wasn't initially intended, but I'll take credit) worth it.
    Buy NOVA Decarboxylator - US Usage | Ardent Cannabis

• Like Like x 1
  6. That’s what I use too. I wish it was bigger, decarbing 1/2 oz at a time is a pain in the asshole, but HIGHLY (pun intended) worth it; agreed. I would only sift for kief if I had other plans for it. If I wanted it in my edibles, I would def decarb that shit. I’ve only been doing edibles for like a year tho so maybe someone with more experience will chime in.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Decarbing before making the kief could make things more complicated and would not be ideal.

Every time I have made hash for edibles or used hash (or other concentrate) always decarb right before the infusion.

May have to check out one of those Ardent devices eventually, it is a cool gadget. Toaster oven works efficiently for me now and has the ever useful window into the soul.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2