Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Kief price

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by Halfbakedjake, Oct 30, 2013.

1. How much do you guys think kief is worth by the gram or ounce?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. keif is normally suupppperrrr cheap here in CALI. unless its the pure gold shit. but normally its greenish even at the clubs. i would say anywhere from free to $30 max club prices. theres a club downt the street that sells $8 grams of danky bud and give you a free gram of keif if you buy mor ethen $10 worth. so go in get 1.2 of some danky bud and a gram of keif for 10. great deal. other clubs are usually $7-15. and most clubs just carry wax. there are clubs that have really good keif but at 30 a gram id rahter stick to my boys bomb ass shatter for 20 a gram

3. well here in CO, kief is less than good quality nug at 5 a gram haha

4. and by the way contrary to popular belief kief is only around 30-40% thc when decent quality and not forced thru a screen

5. What about kief using dry ice extraction and a 110 micron screen?

6. I thought with kief it's the case of running it on the right micron screen to catch the right size trichome heads. But it varies from strain to strain. You can't get dry ice kief more then 40%?

7. #7 PhilthyPhil, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2013
    I make kief all the time with dry ice, its at least twice as potent as bud, id say 30 - 50 percent... And around here its like 10 - 15 a gram considering I make it with trim and a 120 micron bag.

8. Is there any way to up the thc % through purification of some sort?

9.  I have bookmarked this and will return soon more about it thank you.

10. #10 OGkushak, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2013
    yes, a bubble bag kit 

essentially all the thc is in the head of the trichome so you want to collect heads only and then its considered some dank full melt 

11. #11 Halfbakedjake, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2013
    Here's what i did since I don't have a bag set. I have only tried small 2 gram batches to work out the method.Took 2 grams of green dry ice extracted kief.Added the kief to a mason jar with ice cold water.Shook the jar until kief was well mixedPut the jar in the fridge until the plant material floated to the top.Scooped off plant material and put it in a bowl.Then I did the whole process again until there was no plant material floating on the top of the water.What your left with is a amber color liquid with your trichome collected on the bottom of the jar.Then filtered that liquid through cheese cloth folded over catch all the particulates left over.Now everything is filtered.The amber liquid is agitated then put back in the fridge.Then fresh ice cold water was added to the jar with the kief at the bottom ( still looked pretty green). That jar was then agitated and put back in the fridge.Scraped extra plant material off of that jar again.And that's where I stopped so far. Thinking about filtering and cooking off the amber liquid on a glass baking pan. Obviously watching the temp.Then taking the remaining material at the bottom of my first jar and drying it. Did I screw everything up or am I on to somthing? It all looks pretty green. But a lot of material was taken out.Any advice?Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. kiefs the shit. i can only imagine how much an oz lmao. but due to how dense a gram of kief would have to be id probably sayyy around $25

13. I got my last oz for 200, not the best quality but hey it's kief.

14. So you got an oz of kief for less than an oz of bud usually costs?

How...

15. It's dry ice sifted from sugar leaves. So depending on the amount of time the leaves are shook, decides how much plant material is in the kief vs just tricomes because of the break down of the plant material from then ice. In this case a good amount has broken down but it's still pretty potent my guy says it's just a by product of his bud so he doesn't care too much about it. Just extra.

16. Just out of curiosity, why even bother with kief? Try some wax, or some shatter. Of it's not available you can make it and is fairly easy.Maybe get a good grinder that will collect a lot of kief. My space case fills up supper fast. After every time I use it I brush the screen with a small paint brush. I get a full chamber of kief after like an ounce (although I usually smoke it up before then Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. I was using the kief to make other things. And smoking a lot. I extracted a lot of it out using different methods. But yeah I like wax it's just too expensive for my budget, 35 a gram here. And for some reason wax doesn't get me high... Very weird I know.

Sounds like you've been trying the wrong shit... how does 10-20% thc bud get you high, but 70-90% thc wax doesn't?  :confused_2:

19. I've been wondering the same thing. Bud doesn't even get me where I'd like just slightly medicates me. I really need a tolerance break. This is the wax I get ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1389755450.583715.jpg

20. You know if you have Weedmaps the app you can look at menus from dispensaries and average them out.Kottonmouth Kings