Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Kief Pressing

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by J Woodi, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Just pressed some of my kief using my friends pollen press. Its pretty crumbly/powerdery though. Is there any way to get it to stick together better? I've seen people heat it before. Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. Heat and pressure will give you a hash-like substance

3. Cut out wax paper the same diameter as the press cylinders and press, then heat it with a torch (this really does help a lot) then release after an hour. It seems this is the cleanest way of getting nice puck. Heres a picture from a while back when I had a CC lol.[​IMG]

4. BeeJee is right about the wax paper. That's a must. I also leave mine pressed for 24 hours. Then I preheat the oven to 300 degrees. When the oven is ready, I put the press in for 5-7 minutes. At 7 minutes it will be nice and dark as opposed to flaky and crumbly. Take the press out and put it in the freezer for about 5 minutes. After you can handle the press, unscrew the caps, push out the puck and enjoy.

5. is it worth it to press? i've always just sprinkled it on top of bud with a little more bud on top. :smoke:

6. It makes it easier to handle for some people.

7. [quote name='"the814"']is it worth it to press? i've always just sprinkled it on top of bud with a little more bud on top. :smoke:[/quote]

I usually just press mine for fun. There isn't really a benefit. Just switching things up. I feel like its just as effective sprinkling it on a bowl of dank