Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Kief on fingers when packing a bowl

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by BlazedPlatypus, Dec 11, 2013.

1. This stuff I've had for a while is really potent. It's crystally as fuck. When I break it up to pack a bowl, I always end up with excess trichomes on my fingers.  It's crazy sticky, and I don't know how to manage it.  Usually I just sprinkle my fingers over the bowl in hopes I'm actually not wasting all that THC. (If you were to look at me it probably looks like I'm trying to cast a spell on my weed lol).  I don't have a grinder with a kief catcher...so what do I do with all those crytals on my fingers when I break it up?

2. You can try rubbing your fingers together and see if any trichomes collect.

3. So you're meaning rub my fingers together to collect it all in a more concentrated place?

4. Well yeah. You can roll in into a ball and keep it in a little container and add to it.

5. get a better grinder.

or light your fingers on fire.

snark aside, i sometimes scrape a business card across my fingers like i'm shaving my fingers with the card and it does a fair job collecting kief. you can just scrap it into the bowl after that.

or balling it up like tree of life said and keep it in a rainy day spot

6. #7 TheAnswer121, Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2013
    i scrape it off with a razor, and put it in my kief catch. it will just stick to the razor so you can repeat until a good amount accumulates to top off a bowl or blunt

7. Do you have a coffee grinder? Cuz if you do that works great for grinding weed, and use one of these ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1386807275.537523.jpg i know it's for toes and shit like that but just buy a new one, it's a good tool to have for smoking, and just scrape the lid on the coffe grinder. The more you use your fingers the more you waste, it's like trying to get a two sided piece of tape off of your finger

8. Try cutting it up with a knife instead of with your fingers... This could reduce the amount of trichomes on your fingurs... Also if you got your own place/ don't have to worry about parents cut it on a glass tables... My friends and I just lick are fingures like it's Cheeto dust... No point but it's kinda a thing we do now

9. Razor it off or keep a little iso and dedicated dish to wash your fingers over and collect that way

10. [quote name="theshadowshower" post="19145546" timestamp="1386811842"]Try cutting it up with a knife instead of with your fingers... This could reduce the amount of trichomes on your fingurs... Also if you got your own place/ don't have to worry about parents cut it on a glass tables... My friends and I just lick are fingures like it's Cheeto dust... No point but it's kinda a thing we do now[/quote]I do the same thing! I know it's probably wasting it, but it feels like I'm not haha.Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app