Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

kief - Have I been missing out?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by tez, Dec 16, 2010.

1. K.. so I am retarded and just learned about kief... really have I been missing out?

How do I get started?

2. Kief is pretty much amazing.

First off, get a grinder with a kief catcher

3. get a grinder with a screen. easiest way imo.

4. Buy a grinder with a kief compartment. It will have a screen with a collection area underneath that the kief sifts through. Or you can break up all your bud over a piece of white paper. When your are done and pack the buds in your bowl or blunt... you will see a lot of kief left on the paper. Use a guitar pick to work it around and top a bowl or blunt with it.

5. sweet!! I heard about pressing it? Is that better or just drop in in the bowl loose?

6. Pressed or loose, either way is good. Kief is full of THC!

7. It's all about how you're gonna use it, if you press it then it'll hit the same as hash, if you leave it powdery you can sprinkle it on bowls and such. You really haven't been missing out though, a lot of that kief has been on your bowls (some on your fingers and lost of course), the kief collectors in grinders don't magically create the kief it's just trichomes and shit from your bud.

8. yeah, you're not missing out.

pleas, please, please get a good quality kief catcher though. My first didn't actually work.. like, at all.

Your not magically making more, but the amount of you'll catch from a bowls worth of weed will make an unnoticeable difference to the high at the time.. but a month later or so, you've got an extra bowl. So in some ways it's better.. But IDK.

I like fresh herb, so i'd prefer to just smoke all my weed then.. then pick up some fresh shizz later. Just me though.

9. It's like taking a quarter from everyone at school. Won't effect them much but it will make someone's day. Kief always makes my day.

10. buy a spacecase grinder. they seem to be the best. I love mine.

11. Yes you have been missing out. Whenever you break up bud with you fingers, majority of the kief is on your fingers or on the ground. If you have a grinder with a kief catcher, or a "pollen" catcher, all your precious THC will be stored at the bottom. Use something like a guitar pick to scrape the kief, drop it on top of a bowl, and you will see what you were missing.

Pressing it is cool, I do it all the time for hash, but it's not necessary. Both will give you a much different tasting hit. It's a little harsh on the throat, however it tastes amazing.

12. Yeah if you have never smoked kief you are missing out BIG TIME. Just topping a bowl with kief will probably get you higher than you've ever been.
    Don't worry about pressing it

13. Don't forget that you need good bud to start with ahaaa.

Catching kief of anything but dank is a waste of time imo

14. I fucking love kief. I have a sharpstone that has a very fine screen so it produces some fine golden kief. I also have a wooden stash box that has one large screen so all that kief that would be sticking to a plastic bag or w.e falls to the bottom to be smoked. I have enough to put on every bowl i hit pretty much every day.

15. I also enjoy the privilege of using a sharpstone. By far the highest quality grinder made and it catches kief like mad. Such a nice tool, by far my favorite toking device. I don't think they need anymore of an endorsement than that.

16. I recently bought a grinder (amazing grinder for the price I got it at, and came with a press as well) and I truly feel I've been missing out. I put a 1.5 - 2 gram nug of some dank through that baby and got a full bowl of kief.

I did pretty much super strip that shit though. First I put it through the grinder, then put a nickel in the grinder and shook it again, then froze the already ground bud and put it through the grinder yet another time.

I put two tiny ass nugs of some low end beasters/high end mids that weighed probably .7 at the most, and got about a whole bowl worth of kief, after only putting it through the grinder and shaking it once.

Pressed that shit into hash the other night and had a good time :smoke:

17. Yep, you sure have been missing out, if you buy dank weed. Get yourself a grinder with a kief catcher and after you grind enough you will have a nice thing of kief, it's like hash but in powdered form. I usually load a bowl with weed and then sprinkle some kief on top and it makes for a really tasty bong hit.

18. I had a thin layer at the bottom of my grinder that I collected when I was dry it didn't do shit tbh but I think if you got enough to press if should get you pretty fucked.

19. Yee you must get a grinder with a kief catcher.

I love topping bowls with kief, get's you sooooo high.

20. Is there any difference from normally loading a bowl or is grinding it and sprinkling the kief on top better?