Kief hash made simple!

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Dr.GreeenTHUMB, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Hello,
    I'm Dr.
    GreeenTHUMB here to tell YOU my Incredible Hash Recipe. That's right! For no money at all YOU too can produce your very own pure (that's 100%) kief hash. Just follow these simple steps and NEVER WASTE YOUR STEMS AND LEAVES/SEEDS AGAIN!

By the Doctor's lovely assistant: Mary J. Wauna:

1.collect your stems in a jar.

2.When you've reached a substantial amount (anywhere from a 1/16 to an ounce, assuming you have that many) dump them into a blender.

3. cover to the top of the stems with water (yes they float, so add a bit more, eyeball it)

4. If you've got fine (thin) stems keep the blender on "liquify" (if they're thicker (we once used 2 whole plants worth of stems) then start on a lower setting like "chop" and work down to "liquify". If you are worried about putting "sticks" into your nice blender, don't worry about it, a good blender can cut through bone, without water. So also remember to be careful!

5. Once you get to it, "liquify" for around five minutes, stopping, and turning OFF the blender to scrape the pulp down off the sides now and then.

6. Once you've got your pulp, scrape the excess pulp from the blender sides into the liquid which should be a dark frothy green now.

7. Grab a strainer (a device with a very fine screen) and a clean empty jar.

8. pour your blended mixture through the strainer into the jar. The liquid goes straight through into the jar. Now squeeze the pulp so all the liquid goes into the jar. Throw out the pulp (I know it looks like you're throwing out valuable canabis plant matter, but the THC is in your jar and not in the pulp.) I'd dump it outside or use it for mulch around your homegrown, as it might just might look suspicious to have canabis in your trash (never know who's going trhough your trash right?)

9. Take your jar and put it in the fridge to chill and let the trichomes (the particles that the THC attaches to) sink to the bottom of the jar. Wait about half an our to an hour. Bored? Smoke a bowl/blunt and wait. Remember to burn responsibly and play the funkiest of tunes for your session.

10. The wait is now over. Take your jar from the fridge and take a look at the bottom. You should see a layer of what looks like sand or silt covering the bottom. The higher the line the more hash you've got in there, so use as many stems as possible! This is visual proof of all the THC you've been wasting by throwing out your stems!

11. Now grab another jar and two coffee filters (paper, unless you have one of those special double screened metal ones) (then you only need one coffee filter) and pour your liquid into the filter(s) and let it begin to drip. Now it's a bit like brewing coffee... only better!

12.Your water is collecting in the jar below and it's looking a bit paler green. You should begin to see some of the trichomes collecting in the filter. let as much water through the filter as possible even when the jar appears empty. Do not overfill the filter as it can burst and you'll have to start over. Splash a little fresh water into the jar to get the straggling Trichomes that are stuck to the sides and pour that through the filter.

13.Now you should have some watery green "goop" in your filter. Take a spoon and dish the "goop" onto a plate. Scrape as much out of the filter as possible. It should be pretty wattery. Try and spoon the stuff into one pile. Scrape the filter out with your spoon.

14. Let your goop sit on the plate letting the water evaporate from it. (about 2 hours or so, yes it's slow, but it's worth it!)

15. Now you've got a damp pasty green substance. Scoop this ino a piece of coffee filter (a dry one) and wrap it up. tape it with some masking tape.

16. Turn your (now clean) strainer over and place the little bundle under the screen and hit the thing with a hot blowdrier. (About 10 minutes)

17. Unwrap the hash and let it dry in a jar with the lid off (about a day).

And there you have it. PURE THC KIEF HASH! That's your entire money's worth of THC (assuming you pay for it). Like the original peoples of America, there's something to using all of a plant and not letting any go to waste. You're getting an added 30-40% of Kief that you're dealer doesn't realise he's just giving you now.

You can also use: Seeds, Leaves, or bammer weed (stress, the hocuspocus, shwag) in any combination with or without stems.

With this incredible hash you can:

Sprinkle it over a bowl or into a J. and stretch your bud, as you'll need much less now.

Put a piece of it into a bowl and get a "super" hit.

Cook it into butter for a walloping magical baked good or dinner.

--Dr.
    GreeenTHUMB

Dr. Greeen knows his stuff and this is legit! Cause why would Dr.Greeen waste his time when he smokes it at both ends? And remember SAVE THOSE STEMS!:smoking:

2. #2 musho3210, Feb 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2009
    Hmm, water is one of the least effectives liquid to use to separate the trichomes with the stem since THC is not water soluable. Of course, some trichomes will separate from the stem into the liquid, but you are wasting a lot by throwing away the pulp. It would be much more effective to use an organic solvent, a lipid (oil, butter etc.), or alcohol.

Look up QWISOH (quick wash iso hash or something), cannabutter, bubble hash, compressed dry kief, or BHO (or something along the lines of that), all these methods are much more effective than what you did, well i guess in a way you made a weak bubble hash....

3. Believe it or not. They're about the same. That's the thing. Because the THC isn't water soluable the Trichomes sink to the bottom (i.e. why you can't really make stem tea or TeaHC) this only means that no matter how much you boil your weed or try to drink it you won't get high. The water does work and I've made tons and tons of the stuff and continue to go to outerspace. The Dr. wouldn't waste anyone's time!

plus alcohol is carcynogen (cancer causing chemical) and who wants to inhale that shit, even if it's just a little bit in some hash?

--Dr.G

4. there are carcinogens in everything you burn and inhale...

5. #5 Dr.GreeenTHUMB, Feb 27, 2009
    yes this is also true. But please why not try it and then see if I'm wrong? At the most you'll only waste some stems. And hey if the doctor is right then, well great! You'll never waste your stems again.
    You can trust me, I'm a Doctor

6. well doctor i would hate to be your patient. yes you can make cold water hash but not the way you explain. and the whole point of hash is pure concentrated thc so why would you use stems let alone grind them up when the most thc is on the outside. basicaly what your making here dude is like sawdust hash. and you say you can use seeds huh? cuz im sure its a good idea to make hash with something that contains 0 % THC.

7. kif hash has always been simple.. i can easily say i've had a 100% success rate since the get go.

this method sucks too. if i wanted to smoke powderized stems thats been repressed i would just smoke stems..

8. Well don't you just know everything. Bet that feels good. No need to be rude. I said, "throw out your stems if you don't believe me." your loss. But I am sitting here smoking it now and I am well and baked. This isn't "cold water hash" this is blender hash.

So here's another example and further proof. My exact same recipe:

http://forums.cannabisculture.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/1055601/site_id/1#import

seriously you'd think "arrogant stoner" would be an oxymoron right?

Really though and that guy's using LEAF TRIMMINGS... there's more THC in STEMS than leaves. But don't listen to me McGiver727, no throw out your stems. Stoners aren't rude.

9. #9 tyrone biggums, Feb 27, 2009
    wtf dude.. no one is trying to do just the same amount of work as bho requires for pressed stem hash.
    or maybe someone is bored enough to try it? not me, or any one i know.

make qwiso with stems, its not bad at all and its super easy.

don't make this thing personal. :devious:
    nah im kidding. :devious:
    edit
    :devious:

10. Ok new thread rule Listen up yall!!!

IF YOU HAVEN'T EVER A) MADE THIS METHOD or B) HAD THIS KIND OF HASH BEFORE sit down and be quiet. Listen you might learn something. But if you're going to harsh up my labs with your nonsense expertise about something you've never made then by all means start a counter thread. Now if you need a visual aid check it:

"Using a blender is a nasty thing to do to those poor little gland heads, but it can be used to make small amounts of hash. Just throw in a few handfuls of shake and ice, fill with water, and blend for 30 seconds to a minute to separate the gland heads. This mixture can then be poured through screens to collect the hash, or ‘floated’ as in the technique below. Broken gland heads release a great deal of their terpenes and may lose many of their oily qualities, but the stone can still be significant."
    --canabisculture.com

Also see here for more options

http://images.google.com/images?q=b...ent=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi

Do you guys grow weed to supply medical clubs with their products? No. Are you a doctor with a practice catering to those that desire canabis meds? no. That's why they call me DoctorGreeenTHUMB

11. I'm not trying to get personal, really I'm just saying, "without proof in hand how are you arguing?"

This is all good. But this thread is devoted to this recipe. Not a believer of my ways, pray at a different church you know? If you notice from the threads you found the link for this in, i was pretty courteous.

12. inefficient & impure is all i have to say about my experiences with blender hash.
    have fun.

you're a doctor? seem a little immature for a doctor.. want to prescribe me prometh / codeine>?

13. doc, quit speaking in the THIRD FUCKING PERSON.

14. Can't help it. It's what I do!

15. but why?

why use a literary device as arrogant, exhausted, and absurdly ridiculous as third person speech?

do you realize you sound like a nut?

16. just so ya know sugar leaves have way more thc than stems so i have know clue where you got that lil piece of info. amd honestly do you think anyone is going to make hash with you recipe when your telling them to use seeds also? i mean come on your not even trying here.

17. #17 Dr.GreeenTHUMB, Feb 27, 2009

Tyrone biggums. First of all, the weed is at the wheel here, so perhaps you're reading in some tone. Second, Prometh codeine or rather Potas Guaico/Phenylephrine/codeine/promethazine can be found over the counter in the UK.

But this is all irrelevant to just one of my hash recipes. I can tell you that we have customers at the club who ask when we're making more. We do isopropyl too, but we still sell the blender method. maybe it's the difference between slow churned ice cream and regular hard serve, but it sells.

18. you have got to be joking me.

this dude SERIOSULY...

straight-faced fuck-damned SERIOUSLY

thinks that he can fool us.

19. As opposed to an abusive asshole?

20. ^^^
    i'm fully aware of how i am coming across, my dude.