Kief Catcher part of Grinder is stuck

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by micaheljcaboose, May 26, 2011.

1. The bottom part of my 4 piece grinder won't open, and I want some of that delicious kief. Anyone know how to get it open? I'm not sure what brand case I have, it was a gift from my cousin. Any help would be great. Thanks.

2. Did you try unscrewing it?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. If it's smooth then try putting some tape like masking tape or medical tape (the kind that tears out your arm hair) around the different sections so you can get a grip. Or try gently warming with your lighter or use veggie oil on the seams. Or even dish soap.

4. Been there. I actually cut myself trying to get a metal bottom off a 4 piece grinder once. Those things are dangerous -_-

5. Haha how did you cut yourself?

6. Honestly to this day im still puzzled, my assumption was i was squeezing so tight and trying to twist it that when it popped off the metal cut my hand from thumb to pinky.

7. #7 micaheljcaboose, May 31, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2011
    I still can't get this shit open. Any other ideas?

Googled a bit and threw it in the freezer. I'll check on it in about an hour, hopefully that works.

8. Did you try some good ole WD40?

9. just soak that bitch in iso and smoke quiso if its really stuck

10. Throwing it in the freezer for a bit worked. Thanks for the suggestions.

11. Was cleaning off the treads with my finger (Stupid I know) and cut my finger. Damn thing.

12. buy a flux brush, man :smoke: